CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE💜

Jewel, let's out the forced smile, on her face, before using a handkerchief to clean her face with clear. She had mixed feelings, but couldn't tell why.

Nathan had finally noticed her, which was all of a sudden, it wasn't making sense to her, because he had never looked her way before, which always made her feel insecure, she was not his match, or up to his standards.

She felt some tingling feelings inside her tummy, but also felt insecure and scared, she like him, what if the feeling wasn't reciprocated, and he just wanted her as a friend?

They said he was a fuck boy, a bad boy, but she couldn't stop thinking about him.

She wasn't supposed to have a boyfriend, strictly from her Mum. Although she knew her Mum's reasons. She didn't want her to turn out the way she did.

Like her Mum would always say.

Jewel whenever you are up to eighteen and out of secondary school, I would let you do whatever you want, so long it's of moral. You could even introduce me to your boyfriend, and I won't have an issue with that, for now, I  don't want you being more than friends with a boy. They aren't your priority at this age.

Looking into the mirror, she lets out a small hiss, wondering why she was overthinking things, not like he had asked her out or something. He might not even reciprocate the feeling too.

She didn't know how to describe it. Was it love or infatuation?

She couldn't tell, but she had never felt such, for any boy before.

"Wow, hanging out with Nath! Impressive." Jewel recognised the voice immediately, what she didn't understand, was why she was talking to her.

She takes a deep breath, trying to bring out that intimidating look, out to display, although she knew Ekanem, if the girl wanted to annoy you, no matter what you did, it won't change a thing.

"Why are you talking to me?" Jewel asks turning to her, because she was at a corner, where the mirror couldn't meet.

"He would just use you and trash you honestly I was surprised when I saw you of all people walking with Nath!" Ekanem chuckles. "Are you that stupid, or has his cuteness blinded you?" Ekanem asks, making Jewel turn to her with a small smile. The events of what transpired between them, and how calm Ekanem was, flooding her mind.

"You are now raising your voice, showing your true self, because I didn't tell Ukeme," Jewel says, letting out a small smile, which you could tell wasn't genuine.

"Jewel. Do you want to start using that against me? That's in the past. Besides stop acting so high and mighty.” Ekanem says.

Jewel doesn't utter another word. She knew that was typical of Ekanem, wasn't she the person who was begging the other day? The girl was just so mysterious.

"If you want to tell Ukeme, you can," Ekanem says.

"Really?" Jewel asks with a raised eyebrow, meanwhile Ekanem let's out a small smile.

"Yes! i would just deny it, " She laughs. "It's your word against mine. So tell me who she would believe, her best friend or her worst enemy?" Ekanem chuckles.

"You are pathetic. " Jewel who hadn't been so speechless ever in her life says, wondering how someone could be this confident.

"Thank you! At least I have a friend, what about you? It's not something people won't notice, you and Geraldine haven't been walking together, it's obvious you have been replaced." Ekanem chuckles, now letting herself show in the mirror.