CHAPTER NINE💜

He had successfully blocked his ears with an ear pod. Resting his head on the desk. The rants and noise-making in the classroom was getting out of hands, and was affecting him too. He hated noise,
rowdy places. He was already
losing it. It was a classroom and not
a market square.

Seeing those girls fight like animals
was something which irritated him, the fact his sister was part of the whole drama marvelled him, Jewel was a different person in school. The way she talked and behaved at school was different from the way she behaved at home.

Jewel was more like a baby at home, who couldn't do anything by herself, cried at every little thing, but a loudmouth in school.
Which he noticed immediately.While she talked he had to turn to her twice, wondering if that was his sister or not.

Because it was surprising. Her behaviour was.

Getting a gentle tap on his back which alarmed him, he takes his face slowly up, only to meet the piercing look on a girl's face.

She looked like a half-caste, more like she was saying something to him, because her mouth was moving, but he couldn't hear her, because of the ear pod.

He sluggishly pulls both pods away from his ears. He doesn't say a word, he just looks at her. She wasn't talking anymore but staring.

Which got his attention. He stares back at her, without uttering a word. More like they were doing a staring contest.

Suddenly a smile appears on her face, which completely freaks him out.

Now his doubt had been confirmed. There was no normal person in that class. People called him a weirdo, but these persons were weird.

How would someone just walk down to you, move there mouths a little and start staring at you? Not just that, but start smiling too. Someone you don't know.

"Vee!" He heard someone call out, with the way the girl turned back, he could tell she was the one been
called.

"Veronica! Come na." The boy whose hair was tied in a buns says. Jayden had made contact with the boy in question, people called him,Nathan. So he took it as his name.

"Sorry. Can I seat here? I was asking you if someone has taken the seat." Veronica asks, looking at Jayden. His countenance suddenly made her uncomfortable. The fact he didn't even respond but stared back at her, made her take a step back involuntarily.

"I was asking if anyone was seating here?" Veronica repeats, she knew he heard her, but it wasn't making sense, since he didn't respond.

Jayden gives her an awkward look for a while, before tearing his gaze away from her's.

Now this was the height of it. Sister rude, brother a big-time snub. They were both abnormal, that was the next thing that got into her head.

She picks her bag gently, attempting to walk away but gets stopped by his voice.

"No one is sitting here." She pauses, turning to him. All anger she felt towards him where gone. His voice
was calm and soft. She struggled to stop herself from drowning in those eyes again.

She watches him pick up the ear pods on his desk, blocking his ears, before resting his head.

That was when it dawned on her she had been staring at him like a fool. She simply drops her bag carefully, before turning around. Obviously to go over to Nathan, who had called for her attention.

_____________________🖊️

Geraldine tucks in properly, while she heads to the form mistress office. She was already feeling uncomfortable in her uniforms, she had regrets already. If only she knew, she wouldn't have slim fitted anything.