The Plan

Monday

Tonz realized that it's only a few days before her birthday, and he hasn't planned anything yet. He knows, that she doesn't want any frills, but he want it to be extra-special. It's not everyday that a lady turns eighteen anyway. Tita Elena also confided in him that she and the rest of the family are planning a surprise party for Cie Cie. It won't be a typical debut, but more like a musical.

He found her at the socsci section of the lib again. He already told her to rest. Even Richie said she can be excused from their class, but she's still here, busy as ever.

"Hi! Are you busy?" he asked.

"I'm just doing a paper for one subject. Why?"

"It's nearly lunchtime, you should eat first before drinking your meds."

"Give me a few minutes. I'll wrap this up." she went back to typing in her laptop.

He waited for her, while some girls asked for a picture with him. Good thing, they're in the far corner of the lib, the librarian won't be happy to see his impromptu meet and greet.

After the last batch of girls left, he noticed that Cie Cie is already finished with her paper. She's also putting her stuff away. He carried her laptop bag, while she went ahead, lips pursed. She didn't speak to him until they were infront of the main building.

"I'll take it from here, I'm going home na."

"But I thought you want to eat."

"You asked if I would like to eat, that's two different things Gamboa." she walked out on him.

He couldn't speak, he didn't even dare follow her. How on earth did he end up being Gamboa again instead of Tonz? What did he do? Are they having their first LQ?

He saw Nicolo and some of the Tigers walking infront of him. Nicolo told his teammates to go ahead.

"Pre! Bakit umalis si Jacinda?" the ever nosy Nicolo asked.

"I don't know, one minute we're OK and planning to eat lunch, the next minute she walked out on me. Is she always like that?" he tried to suppress his growing irritation.

"Hmmm, nope, napaka level-headed nyan ni Jacinda. Baka may ginawa ka or hindi ginawa."

"Wala pre. We're in the lib lang, she's doing some papers, I waited for her, some girls asked for photos..."

"May ginawa ka nga, delikado ka pre, in a bad way." Nicolo was teasing him.

"Anong gagawin ko?" Tonz panicked.

"Sundan mo syempre."

"I have afternoon classes pa eh."

"Yun lang. If mamaya ka pa pupunta, aabutan ka nila tita."

Tonz is having a major dilemma, should he follow her, or stay for his classes?

"Pre, siguro let her be muna. For sure di ka pa din nya kakausapin agad. Saka as if makakapag-usap kayo sa bahay nila." Nicolo explained.

"Tama ka pre. Pero can you do me a favor?"

"Pag kaya ko."

"Can you help me with my birthday surprise for her?"

"No prob, itatakas ba natin sa Greenhills?"

"I think she'll be in Antipolo on the weekend."

"Oo nga pala. Dont worry, tutulungan kita."

"I owe you one pare. Thanks!"

"Basta wag mo lang sasaktan si Jacinda. Buong basketball team ang kalaban mo."

"Oo naman pre. I won't hurt her."