Reel To Real

After the "coffee shop incident", Tonz tried his best to avoid Cie Cie. He felt offended by her "piece of advice".

He knows that it seem unreal, but he do feel "something" for her. But her reaction made him realize that clause no. 3 is essential for their team-up to succeed. They should set aside their feelings and focus on their careers. He keep telling himself that this is just another job.

Cie Cie on the other hand, feels that she secured herself by acting bitchy towards Tonz. She knows that he is a professional, and she want to maintain that treatment. Anything beyond that will make things complicated, and she's not ready for it.

The following weekend, the first leg of their workshop begins.

Tonz arrived early, he heard that the acting coach, a veteran actress, is very strict. He saw Cie Cie in a corner, reading a script. He just nodded his head, and she did the same. He felt a little thud in his heart when she smiled. Maybe the script had an amusing line or something.

Other actors came in, they were a group of ten. The coach came and paired them. As expected, Cie Cie and him were called in first. They were asked to read the script with emotions.

"Anong gusto mo sa isang partner?" Tonz read.

"Hindi ko alam, wala naman akong preference." Cie Cie said.

"So kahit ano na lang?"

"Hindi naman, sige, yung mabait na lang saka gentleman."

"Ang cliche naman, can you be more specific?"

"Paanong specific? Sige, 6 ft. yung height, brown eyes, saka moreno. OK na ba?" she said, while her eyes twinkled in amusement.

Tonz checked his script, he can feel that she's messing with him. Now he gets it, the script said, describe your partner.

"Pwede na, pero bakit parang ako yung tinutukoy mo?" he said in a husky voice.

"Wag kang assumming, many can fit that description."

"Oo, pero wala sila dito. Aminin mo na lang, you're also attracted to me..."

"Cut" the coach said. "Both of you were good. Andun yung natural chemistry. Pero bakit may "also"?
Parang wala yun sa script. Umaarte ka pa ba Tonz?"

The other trainees erupted with loud "Yieeeee".

Tonz just touched his nape, not knowing how to react.