Sunday Brunch

Tonz woke up with a smile. He feel extra happy today. He want to break the news to his parents, so he tried to videocall them. When no one answered, he shrugged it off, maybe they were attending mass, he said to himself.

He went down to the dining area, he asked the maid if his elder sister already had breakfast. He was informed that his sister was sleeping in. She is reviewing for the bar exams and had been very busy layely. He decided to go out, he'll buy a treat for his sister. The two of them are like two peas in a pod. Their youngest sibling is currently in Iloilo with their parents. She's in senior highschool and is expected to attend UST next year.

He invited Josh to tag along. They agreed to meet at Podium.

"Pre nag-cut ako ng gym time para samahan ka ah. Libre mo to di ba?" Josh said, while enjoying his hearty brunch.

"Oo na, kuripot ka eh." he jokingly said.

They ended up eating at Mamou Prime. The truffle cream pasta always hits the spot.

"Dude, you should date again. Para di ako laging kinukulit mo."

"Date ka dyan? I don't want to complicate my life, no pressure muna."

"Wow, career muna ba? Sabagay, malay mo, baka sa ACZ mo ma-meet ang love of your life..." Josh said teasingly.

"Ewan, basta I'll just cross the bridge when I get there."

A group caught his attention, they were being ushered to their table. They look like a family of five. They have an intimidating aura, except for that one familiar face whom he'll recognize anywhere.

Josh followed his gaze, "Uy si Jacinda oh. Do you want to say hi?"

Tonz was taken aback, "Wag na pre, parang kasama yung family eh."

"Ayaw mo nun, meet the parents agad... Hahaha..."

"Ewan ko sayo. Bill out na nga tayo."

"Joke lang, wag muna. Sightseeing ka muna habang kumakain."

He slowly finish his meal. He's been busy stealing glances at her table. She seems sad, did her parents ground her? And why does their paths cross ever since they became aware of each other's existence?