The Contract Signing

The end of October was fast approaching, the contract signing event coincides with Tonz's upcoming birthday. His parents are flying in from Iloilo and his sister Abby is taking a time off from her review.

He asked Cie Cie if her parents will also attend the event, she said she's not really sure.

The event will take place in ACZ executive office. Many press people are expected. They will be launched together with some of the network's upcoming stars.

The day of the event came. Tonz's house was abuzz. Everyone is excited, they all greeted him a happy birthday. They agreed to eat dinner outside after his contract signing. His mom even suggested that they invite Cie Cie and family.

They arrived at the event early, he excused himself to find Cie Cie. He saw her get off her usual black car. She's followed by her mother.

"Good afternoon tita, hi Cie Cie, can I escort you to the hall?"

"Oh hello there Tonz, please do. Let's go Jacinda."

He led them to the hall, he spotted his family, and after exchanging a few pleasantries, they were ushered to the backstage. Their family were seated in the same table.

The emcee called in the executives. MEG made the opening remarks. One by one, artists were called to sign their respective contracts, the press were on standby. The question and answer was reserved for later. They were the last people to be called.

"Presenting, ACZ's newest loveteam, Tonz Gamboa and Cie Cie Martinez!"

They sat with the bosses, signed their contracts, shook hands and pose for pictures.

The Q&A came, everyone was buzzing with excitement, the new artists readily answered questions. But when it's their turn, the press became more curious.

"Cie Cie, is that your real name?"

"No, it's actually a nickname, my full name is Jacinda Beatriz Ortega-Martinez."

"Wow, you're The Jacinda Martinez. Why did you decided to come back in showbiz?"

"I really miss acting and I believe that the right project came, I'm just glad of this new opportunity from ACZ."

"Theater is different from film, how did you adjust?"

"I had a lot of help actually, we did workshops and look test, I'm just glad that the team were very accommodating."

He felt relieved that she's taking it in a stride. She's very professional and eloquent in answering the questions too. He's also glad that the press didn't pry on her hiatus or the reason behind it.

"Tonz, are you single?"

"Yes I'm single."

"So can you two develop feelings, for each other?"

"Honestly, only time will tell."