Soft Spot

During their free period, they always go to the library for their assignments and thesis reference. They have to multi-task, since they don't want to be branded as free-loaders by their respective group mates. Of course, they still prioritize their studies, they promised their parents that they will graduate next year.

After his second class, Tonz texted Cie Cie to check if she's in the library. As expected, she said that she's already at the SocSci section. He was about to go there when Josh caught up on him.

"Pre, wait up. San ba lakad mo?"

"Uy pre, sorry, pa lib sana ako eh. Ikaw ba?"

"Sama na lang ako, may 1 hour free ako. Eh since di ka naman pwede sa Dapits, sama na lang ako."

"Sorry na nga. I'm just busy lang, alam mo na, graduating."

"Ouch, sorry, irreg eh, can't relate."

"Lika na, dami pa sinasabi."

"Bakit ngmamadali ka? May study date ka?"

He chose to ignore the teasing. When they came to SocSci, he tried to find Cie Cie. The library is not crowded during that time, but some first year AB students called his attention and pointed at the other table.

He felt a genuine concern when he saw Cie Cie sleeping, her head rested on her arms. He thanked the group, the girls giggled, it seems that they are shippers. Good thing the librarian didn't see her. She looked so peaceful, and he could just watch her there. But the annoying Josh break the moment.

"Uy Cie Cie gising, baka makita ka ng librarian!" Josh said.

Cie Cie was startled. She rubbed her eyes, then fixed her hair. She looked at him and Josh. She murmured an apology.

"Sorry nakatulog ako, kanina pa kayo dyan?"

"No, we just arrived and Josh is just leaving."

"Ako aalis?" he gave Josh a piercing glare.

"Oo, aalis na pala ako. Bye lovebirds..."

"Sorry about that, kulet kasi ni Josh, natagalan tuloy ako pumunta."

"No, it's Ok. Ako nga di ko alam nakatulog na pala ako."

"Why? Na puyat ka kagabi?"

"I'm just finishing the kdrama I was telling you about."

"Dahil sa kdrama, nakakatulog ka tuloy dito sa lib."

"Ngayon lang naman, stress reliever ko kaya yon."

"Ok sabi mo eh. Let's grab some coffee na lang."

"Saka donut?" she said with matching pout.

"Sige, pero on one condition."

"Ano naman yon?"

"Sleep early later, para di ka antukin sa meeting tomorrow."

"Ok manong."

"Manong ka dyan. Sa amin ang meaning ng manong ay kuya. Di tayo bagay magkapatid."

"Sungit, bakit ayaw mo kong kapatid?"

"Kasi, love... I mean loveteam kita." they both blushed because of that.