A Small Favor

Nicolo arrived at Cie Cie's house by 10 A.M. She's currently in the gazebo by the pool. He greeted her and went straight to the point.

"Jacinda, will you do me a small favor? I need a date for a Halloween Party tonight." he said, eyes pleading.

"Nicolo, ano ka 10 years old? And besides, my family is going to Antipolo later. Sorry, I can't accompany you." she said in a rather irritated tone. Nicolo is always like that, asking favors with last minute preparation.

"Please, please Jacinda, I already asked your mom, and she said yes..."

"Sheesh, what's so important about this party ba? And Halloween pa, for sure naka costume."

"I just need to talk to Hennessy, she won't answer my calls eh."

"Of course she won't answer, she saw you with that groupie eh."

"Cut the lecture, kaya nga I need to apologize, I don't want to lose her..." he said, almost teary eyed. It's the first time that Nicolo is being serious with a girl, so she gave in.

"San ba kasi yung party? Kaya mo naman magpunta mag-isa."

"Sa Bel-Air, kina Rocio Almeida. Di daw ako invited if di ka kasama eh."

"Binugaw mo pa ako! Sira ka talaga Nicolo. No no no na." Rocio Almeida, the only son of a senator, is a persistent suitor. He's also from the green school like Hennessy. He's a point guard for the Archers, and one of the reasons why she doesn't go to basketball games.

"Don't worry, di ka malalapitan ni Rocio."

"How can you be so sure? Nung cruise nga natin last Christmas break nandun din sya eh."

"Basta akong bahala. Anyway, Black Magic yung theme, mag witch costume ka para matakot si Rocio."

"Ewan, I'll try to think of something. Sino pala maghahatid sa akin sa Antipolo?"

"Sabi ni tita tomorrow na daw kayo aalis, baka madami pang meeting."

"OK, anong oras mo ko susunduin?"

"Mga 8, if that's OK."

"Yeah, pero I have to ask pa din our handler if pwede."

"Pwede yan, house party naman, saka very safe dun kina senator. Bawal phones di ba?"

"Sabagay, you have a point."

"Ok, I'll go ahead na, thanks talaga. Pero I think, mas magiging happy ka later." he said  with a smirk.

"Ewan ko sayo. Lista na naman sa utang mo."

"Tickets lang sa game kaya ko eh."

"Kuripot ka kasi."

"May pag compare, yung new friend mo galante."

"New friend ka dyan?"

"Bye na denial queen, I have my sources kaya."

Nicolo left her puzzled. She went to her walk in closet to find a costume, but she's not satisfied. So she went through her mom's theater costumes to find the perfect Halloween OOTN.