Just For Two

Tonz stood up when he saw their group.

He fist bump with Nicolo and shook hands with Ezzy, apparently they were both under F Models. He greeted Cie Cie with a warm smile. She observed that he looked tired. Once they were seated, Nicolo and Ezzy excused themselves, they said they were craving for an Asian cuisine. They bid their goodbyes and left her alone with Tonz.

She thought that it must be one of Nicolo's tricks again. Tonz is just looking at her as she scans the menu.

"Hey, what do you want to order?" she asked.

"The oyster sisig and that streetfood platter. How about you?"

"Just the chori burger and iced tea."

They waited for their food in silence. He looked tired, he's from a shoot, from out of town, yet here he is, trying hard not to close his eyes and fall into a deep slumber.

They were enjoying their street food platter when he asked,         "Have you tried the street food scene in Dapits?"

"Oo naman, 1st year, 2nd sem. I lost my wallet on my way to school and I only have my purse with me. Richie and our other classmates invited me to Dapits, that's the best 50 pesos that I ever spent."

"You lost your wallet? Why? Di ba may driver ka?"

"I learned to commute before, pero super hassle pala sa MRT, then UV pa Espana. One week ko lang ata ginawa. Good thing my credit cards are in a separate card holder. Pero syempre, you can't pay card naman for food, kahit sa carpark."

"Sabagay. That's what shocked me din when I moved here. The train system at super traffic."

"Yeah, you miss home no?"

"Oo, I really want the days to go faster. Sana Christmas na. Have you been to Iloilo?"

"Not really, siguro sa Visayas, Cebu at Bohol pa lang na puntahan ko."

"If ever you want to visit, I can always be your tour guide."

"Sabi mo yan ah. By the way, how was your shoot?"

"It's pretty tiring, medyo madami yung sequences, good thing walang speaking lines. Pero masakit sa jaws kasi you're smiling the whole day."

"Let's finish dinner na, so you can rest. May sundo ka?"

"Nope, nagpahatid lang ako dito."

"My driver can drop you off."

"No thanks, I'll book a Grab na lang."

"Tonz, I insist. You need to rest na eh."

"Bakit hindi na pogi?" he teased.

"Hindi na, so let's bill out na."

"Thanks for tonight Jacinda. I just miss hanging out with you." he said sleepily while sitting side by side in the car. Her driver pretended not to eavesdrop.

Once they dropped him off, he thanked her and told her to message him when she gets home.