Artemis

After their little rendezvous in Nasugbu, they had an early dinner in Tagaytay. It's a good thing that there were only a handful of people in the restaurant, and that they were not recognized by any of them. If they were seen together, they will probably be the hot topic on social media.

Both went to sleep with a smile on their face. Cie Cie told herself that it's her most memorable birthday to date. Tonz waited until midnight to leave a voice message, "Happiest Birthday dear Jacinda! I love you always."

Today, January 28, is Jacinda Beatriz Ortega-Martinez's 18th birthday. Unbeknownst to her, the people closest to her heart are planning a surprise party for her.

She woke up because of the phone call from her cousin, Georgina.

"Happy Birthday dearest Jacinda! What's your plan for today?"

"Thank you ate G! I don't have a class today since it's a Friday. What do you have in mind?"

"Well, let's watch a movie nalang at Promenade."

"Ok, what time should I be there?"

"3 P.M., I'll grab the tickets, treat mo yung food. I'll message the other hermanas na lang."

"OK. But I need to get back by dinner time. I heard from the maids that mama booked Wolfgang."

"Oh really? In that case, we'll stay for dinner." Georgina said, rather cheerfully.

She went down for breakfast, her brothers both have classes, so she has the whole house to herself. She opted to play with Apollo and Ares. She sighed, what a lonely way to start her birthday.

The maids informed her that she has a guest, she tried to straighten up her dress, only to be disappointed by the presence of Rocio Almeida.

"Happy Birthday Jacinda! I just dropped by to give you my gift personally." he kissed her on the cheeks.

"Senyorita, Mr. Gamboa is here for you." a maid announced Tonz's arrival.

She could see that his face is very serious. He probably saw Rocio greeting her.

"Hi Tonz!" She gave him a hug and initiated a beso with him. She also grabbed his hand and gently squeeze it to give reassurance.

"Thank you for the gift Rocio. You already know Tonz Gamboa, right?"

"Yeah, we've already met." Rocio said, eyeing Tonz suspiciously.

"Good morning pre." Tonz said.

"Don't you have a class Rocio? Baka ma traffic ka, malayo pa yung Taft from here." she asked.

"Yeah, I think I'll go ahead. Thanks for the concern Jacinda. Happy Birthday again. Bye."

After Rocio left, she lead Tonz to the gazebo. She gave Rocio's gift to the maid, together with the other presents, which were sent up to her room.

Tonz was still holding a basket. A small sound came from it. She looked at him curiously.

"I'm sorry, may bisita ka pala." Tonz said.

"I didn't know that he's visiting."

"OK."

"Tonz, it's nothing OK?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. Of course I couldn't help it if other guys want to court you." he said sadly.

"Tonz, I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry too, dapat naiintindihan ko." he squeezed her hand, she knows he wanted to hug her, but of course, they can't.

"Thank you. So what's in the basket?" she said, trying to lift the mood.

He grinned sheepishly, before opening the basket. A small, white puppy came out. It's a bichon frise, just like her old pet, Lumos (rest in peace).

"Since you can't wear my gift just yet, I thought of something to cheer you up, she's one of the litters from my Manang Abby's pet, Potchi."

"She's adorable, I really wanted to have another small pup, you know, since Lumos is now in doggy heaven. Don't get me wrong, I love Apollo and Ares, but they can be quiet a handful."

"She'll be our baby, so nanay Jacinda, what should we name our puppy?" he teased.

"Nanay talaga? Hmmm, since all our pets' names start with A, I think I'll stick to the trend. You'll be Artemis from now on!"

"It's a nice name, was it inspired by Greek mythology too?"

"Yeah, the goddess of hunting and the moon, Artemis Martinez, isn't that nice?"

"Nope, I think it should be Artemis Martinez-Gamboa, since I'm her tatay."

"We're very old school naman Manong Tonito."

"At least we never get out of style. Did you like your name Artemis?" he asked the innocent puppy. It gave a cute bark, as if to say yes. They took a photo of Artemis and a few seconds later, it trended on social media.

 They took a photo of Artemis and a few seconds later, it trended on social media