An Overlooked Gem

After the scene, Dessa asked Jacinda to meet her privately.

Once they were in her office, Dessa asked the girl to sit, while she called someone.

"So, how was it?" MEG asked.

"They were amazing! The intensity, the visuals, the kilig! Everything was on point." Dessa couldn't help but gush. Meanwhile, the poor girl sat there, pretending that she couldn't hear their conversation.

"But I'm still disappointed Dessa. How can you overlook this gem? Good thing I have my sources, or else we won't have our perfect pair." Marsha lectured.

"I'm really sorry MEG. I've been so preoccupied lately that my eye for talent became blurred. Rest assure that I'll take care of these two."

"OK, just update me from time to time. And one more thing, Dessa, I think the girl needs a little convincing. She might decline your offer, so make a good deal. Bye."

"Noted ma'am. Bye." she turned her attention to Jacinda, thinking all the incidents wherein she feels that she knows her from somewhere. Old age, the only reason she blames for not realizing that a gem has been hidden in her office. She looked at her porcelain like skin, the expressive eyes and that beautiful face that was once splashed over teen magazines half a decade ago.

Jacinda Beatriz Martinez, the theater royalty, child prodigy and the next Broadway diva. She was a child superstar. Everyone adores her, every girl wants to be her, and every boy got a crush on her. But without rhyme or reason, she was hidden from the spotlight. Even her mother, the Tony awardee, Helena Ortega-Martinez, was mum about her sudden departure from the limelight. Soon, people got tired of asking and waiting for answers. Life goes on, new stars were born, and Jacinda Beatriz Martinez, was forgotten by the world.