Witching Hour

Cie Cie called their handler, Kayla, to ask if she can attend an event. Since it's a personal matter, she's just reminded to stay lowkey.

Nicolo arrived at 7:30, good thing she's already dressed up.

"Why are you so early?" she said.

"Traffic kaya, saka ano yang costume mo?"

"I won't explain kasi di ka naman nkaka relate sa kdrama."

"Okay. Let's go."

They arrived at the sprawling Bel-Air mansion turned haunted house. Spooky designs are all over the place. Cie Cie ducked when she saw Rocio near the grand staircase. He is dressed as Harry Potter, pity, she's a huge Potterhead but can't appreciate it.

She saw Ezzy near the baby piano, they've always been friendly, so she approached her. Nicolo already right behind.

"Hi Ezzy! How are you?"

"Omygosh! Jacinda, I missed you, I'm tampo na, you didn't tell me you'll be launched na pala." Hennessy is a classmate from an acting workshop and also a part-time model.

"Sorry, you know naman, it's confidential pa."

"But I'm so happy for you! Sana next batch na ako."

"For sure yan. You've been doing well naman sa workshops natin."

"Yeah, thank you dear. Let's catch up soon."

"Sure, just text me."

"Ezzy..." Nicolo started to converse with Ezzy, so Cie Cie left them.

She made a beeline at the buffet, and she was surprised to bump into Josh and Tonz!

"Uy Jacinda! Men in black ka?" Josh teased.

"Very funny Josh, ikaw pang ilang Iron Man ka na ngayon?"

"Feisty, just the way Tonz likes it. Got to go, I spotted a friend dun sa pool area." he left them in an awkward situation.

"Hi, you know the host?" Tonz said.

"Yeah, he's a... a friend, how about you?" Cie Cie said.

"A friend of a friend daw sabi ni Josh. I wasn't supposed to go, kaso wala daw sya kasama."

"Ah OK..."

"Uhmm, sorry I didn't tell you that I'd be in a party."

"Same here. This was last minute, actually we're supposed to be in Antipolo now, pero Nicolo asked for a favor to accompany him here."

"Si Nicolo? Siya daw yung nag-invite kay Josh." Tonz looked puzzled.

Cie Cie realized that Nicolo invited Josh and Tonz. That's why he's so sure that Rocio won't be able to come near her. Nicolo and his bag of tricks!

She was about to comment when she heard a familiar voice calling her name.

"Jacinda! I'm so glad you came." Rocio gave her a tight hug.

"Hi Rocio, nice party. By the way, this is Tonz Gamboa, my friend. Tonz, this is Rocio Almeida, our host and an old friend of mine too."

"Nice meeting you Rocio, this is a cool party."

"Likewise Tonz. Thank you, it's been a tradition for me for the past few years. There's more food and drinks, just help yourselves."

"Thank you Rocio, but I really need to get going. My family is planning to go out of town tomorrow, so I need to be up early."

"But it's only 10 P. M. Can't you stay for another hour at least?"

"Sorry, I should really go na."

"Ok, I'll drive you, wait, I'll ask for the driver..."

"No need, Tonz will drive me home, right Tonz?"

"Yeah, and besides its your party. You can't just leave your guests."

"You're right, I'll call you later Jacinda. Drive safely Tonz." Rocio looked at them suspiciously.

They walked to the main entrance.

"Sorry Tonz, I just need to go. I'll call my driver to pick me up, but can you stay with me outside?"

"No, I mean, I'll just drive you home. Baka ma late pa yung uwi mo if you'll wait for your driver. Along the way lang naman."

"Are you sure? Sorry talaga."

Nicolo approached them, he's smiling ear to ear, he said that he already patched things up with Ezzy. The 3 of them took a photo before they go. Josh messaged Tonz that he should go ahead, since he's already on his way to another party in pobla. They bid their goodbyes, Nicolo giving her a thumbs up and a salute to Tonz.

Tonz and Cie Cie drove into the night.

"Coffee?" he said.

"Yes please."