Chapter 53

Scarlet hued with golden and orange stained the sky, rising above the hills, giving the sky a serene look.

Draupadi joined her hands, preparing for her morning prayers.

"Who wakes up so damn early woman." Yawned Ayushman walking in the temple.

Rolling her eyes Panchaali turned, a playful smile playing on her lips. "Not everyone is lazy like you." She teased.

"What are you doing here? You never wake up so early." She asked curious, looking up from the temple floor.

"Wow! That's what I call beauty!" Exclaimed the prince of Saurashtr, taking in the rangoli design that Panchaali sat working on.

"Thank you!" Smiling at his praise, she returned back to her work.

Sitting down beside her, he takes a pinch if darker shade of blue, and begins helping.

"You should get married." Panchaali said out of nowhere. "I will if I survive your husbands." He bit the words in his mouth.

"I will some day." He concluded instead. "Drau, here are some more colors." Dhara said, walking in with a platter of colours, smiling at her friend, who grinned back.

"Thank you so much!" gushed the princess of Panchaal taking the platter, as Dhara took a seat beside Ayushman.

"What were you talking abo- ouch!" Draupadi exclaimed, a gust of wind blowing something in her eye.

"What happened?" Concern laced Dhara's words, gazing at her friend.

"Oh relax. Just something fell in my eye, I guess. Will you just check?" Draupadi waved away her friend's concern, her one hand cupping her eye, trying to blink the particle out.

"Rajkumar, will you please check her eye? My hands are dirty." Requested the handmaid, gazing at him expectedly, holding her hands up, that had colour, from where she put to it on platter to get it here.

"Sure thing." He shrugged, moving in front of her, crouching down.

"No it's alrig-"

"Hush down! Let him check." Dhara admonished, gazing at her with concern.

"I'll go get some water!" Suggested the handmaid, before hurrying off to the back of the temple, before anyone could protest.

The wife of pandavas' sat back, biting back another protest, as her brother  leaned closer.

"Can't pass a second without you falling trouble?" He teased, "it was the wind." She said pouting.

"It is always something with you Lil' sis." He poked fun further, grinning like a loon. "Everyone has their days. I'll see when you do when it's you." She shot back.

"Ha! I am the great prince of Saurashtr, who-"

"Gets scared of cockroaches." She deadpanned, smirking mischievously. "You-"