Chapter 16

A loud shattering sound greeted Duryodhan,  the moment he marched in his room.

A smirk tracing his lips. His spit fire of a wife, was throwing another tantrum, he wanted to laugh.

"HOW DARE SHE?!!!!!!" He heard her roar, a sigh passed through his lips.

Annoyance sparkling in his chest. He loved Pauravi to no end, but at times her tantrums were mind numbing for him too.

But, he loved her just the same, her good and bad sides, all at once.

He maybe a selfish person, but Pauravi and Bhanumati, were his love. One, that he was crazily intoxicated to.

They were his drug, and he was the addict.

Walking in he was greeted with the sight of a cluster of women, standing on the sidelines, terror setting heavily in the air.

The room, like he expected was a mess. The light blue curtains were torn, mirrors in the room were shattered.

Furniture over turned, shattered glasses and broken stuff littered the ground.

He rolled his eyes, not again.

"Arya!" His head snapped towards his right, hearing the terrorized voice of his younger bride.

A frown marred his face.

His heart clenched at the sight ahead of him, dressed in softest of silk, and finest of jewelleries, she still managed to look simple and elegant.

Gracious without trying.

Bhanumati always managed to knock his breath out.  He felt the other women rush out of his chamber,  partly relived at his arrival.

Pauravi's tantrum, were nothing new. But the terror on Bhanumati's face was.

Walking ahead, he wrapped his arms around his Bhanumati,  embracing her crying form.

Agony thrummed in his heart, wrath wrecking a havoc in his chest. He wanted blood, preferably of the person who made her cry.

One thing, that everyone knew about him was, that he loved his two wives fiercely.  So much, as tear in their eyes, and prince Duryodhan of Hastinapur,  wouldn't hesitate to slay.

"A..Arya...ji..jiji." She hiccups, fear tainting her voice, making it quiver.

"Shhh..love." He soothed, his voice softest than anything before,  while he rubbed her back up and down.

One thing he hated the most was seeing tears in Bhanumati's eyes. Where Pauravi was fierce, and arrogant. His youngest bride was probably the most kindest being in the world.

He loved the two differently, yet, both were just as important to him. Fury blazed in him, he watched, Pauravi wrap her hand around another vase.

"PAURAVI!!!" He roared,  his anger had the woman in question freezing. She turned,  blinking once, than twice. .

As if finally realising his presence. There was something  different about her today.

Unlike her usual tantrums, today she seemed distant. Almost,  like her soul had abandoned her body.

The mind numbing wrathful haze cleared, for what seemed like eons later.  Gazing at the furious gaze of her husband,  to the scared eyes of Bhanumati.

Pauravi realised her surroundings.

"Arya.." She began but was cut shortly by her husband,  "You better freaking have a good reason to make her cry. A hundred times I have told you,  I don't care what you do with whom,  but Bhanumati stays out of your twisted games!" He snapped, picking the later in question in arms, and carrying her to the bed.