Chapter 39

"Will she be alright?" Duryodhan asked perched on the side of the arm chair, on which Arjun sat.

Nakul sighed pulling back, "She just fainted because of fear I think." He stated, a tension hung heavy in the air.

"The body of Buashree Tapasya was found in the abandoned section of the palace." Bheem said walking in, once Duryodhan told them, what Dhara was mumbling, he along with guards had searched the entire palace.

Finally it was found in the abandoned section, and to say, she was murdered brutally would be putting it lightly.

Shaking away the images, he glanced down at Dhara. Poor girl had to go through too much.

The fact that the man had threatened his wife, didn't really sit well with Bheem.

If it wasn't for the fact, that Yudhisthir was with her, he would have stormed back, and locked her up in a bubble.

One or another danger, always lurking around her.

Threatening her, just as they thought things were getting back to normal, a tight slap of reality woke them.

"Now what shall we do?" The eldest Kaurav asked, "Just wait till she wakes up, and than get the story out of her." Bheem stated from across the room, earning a nod from others. . .

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

The morning came in like any other, a yawn passing through the lips of the princess of Panchaal.

Stretching she sat up, her eyes falling on her first husband, who lay beside her deep in a slumber, her lips curved up in a beautiful smile.

His face held a different calmness as he lay back peacefully, her heart thumped, she felt his hand tighten on her waist.

Scarlet tainted her cheeks, his arms tightened around her, pulling her hard against his chest.

"Good morning beautiful." He cooed in his morning hoarse voice, it was deeper than normal, making her heart skip a beat.

"Good morning Arya." Softer than the wind, were the words, that left his wife's lips.

His curved up in an answering smile, he could get use to this, waking with her in his arms.

His soft petal lips pressed against her warm skin of her head, the slow easy smile continuing to play on his lips.

Interlacing the fingers of her one hand with his, his dark orbs clashed with her. A smirk tugged on his lips, noticing her scarlet cheeks.

A peaceful calmness had descended over the two, his eyes fell on her wrist, and the previous days happenings, came rushing in, making his smile drop.

Gazing at her face, one that mirrored the innocence of the world, he wondered what horrors did it hide.

How had he been too lost in his world to never register her pain?

Guilt, reared it's ugly head, making his stomach clench, it churned with a restlessness, thinking that she was in this pain all the while and he had never noticed it.

What kind of husband does it make him?

"Arya?" Her soft baritone broke him out of his thoughts, blinking twice he focused on her.