Chapter 30

Pauravi gazed out of her balcony, and to the open night sky. A silence hung heavy in the air, like some dark cloud.

"Gazing at the sky, won't make the moon appear." Duryodhan's voice had her straightening, turning around, her gazed met his.

"No tantrum today?" He asked, partly teasing, smiling at her, he walked up, erasing the distance between the two.

She just short him a quick smile,  turning to face away once again. He sighed heavily, wrapping his arms around her, he pulled her back in his chest.

She laid she rest on his chest gazing at the sleeping Hastinapur ahead of her.

A silence enveloping the two. Duryodhan rested his chin on top her head.

After losing today, she was calm for the first time, he wondered if she was improving today, or was plotting something.

He wasn't sure, which of the two was possible. But he didn't care.

For the first time, he wasn't sure, about her. For the first time he was not able to dispher the meaning of her silence.

Pressing his lips on the crown of her head, he just held her, holding her close. Tightening his arms around her.

A comforting sigh passed through her lips, while she gazed up at the silent city ahead.

"Why so silent love?" He asked, voicing his concern. "Just trying to collect my mind." She whispered, her eyes flickering around.

A sheen of sweat decorated her forehead, she fisted her hands to hide the trembling in them.

"You know you can tell me anything right?" He prompted, wanting to know exactly what was going in that mind of hers.

"I know Arya. You really are the best husband." She whispered, her voice barely above the winds, turning in his arms, she cupped his cheek, gazing up at him.

His heart clutched, tears shined in her eyes, making it impossible for him to think ahead.

Cupping her cheek, he searched her face, concern marring his features. "What is it?" He asked, his voice heavy with worry.

Licking her chapped lips, she gazed up at him. "I have really made you're life so difficult haven't I?" She asked, her voice too soft.

He frowned gazing down at her, he shook his head. "No, Pauravi you are my life itself. How can you make it difficult?" He asked, who was feeding her all this?

Why was she thinking so? A feeling of foreboding set heavily in his chest, he felt as though there was something wrong somewhere, and he couldn't do anything to stop it.

It was like the time from his hand was slipping like sand, his heart was growing restless.

Like he needed to do something,  but he couldn't really figure out what was wrong.

It was like the cosmos around was speaking to him, telling him something,  whispering to him, that he needed to get moving.

That he needed to do something, but exactly what? He had no idea. Gazing down at her, his hold tightened on her.

"I have really created so much mess in your life. You always have to hear the taunts of the world because of me. I am the reason for you're embarrassment." She whispered,  her voice thick with emotions.

That feeling of foreboding just deepened, spreading through him like the web of poison, that was rotting slowly everything from within him.

"Pauravi-"