Chapter 27

Sehdev lifted his hand, wiping the corner of his left eye, preventing the tear from slipping down.

Happiness filled his heart to the brim today.

Walking out from behind the pillar of the temple, he leaned against it, watching his wife walk away.

He had been in the temple, when he had heard someone walking in. He was in the corner, so she didn't notice him.

The confession she had made, had his heart melting. Her words still rang in his mind, smiling at her, he shook his heard.

Unknown emotions fluttered in him, things were changing around him. He missed her, and it was ridiculous. 

The need to see her was always intense, and everytime he did,  he lost his capacity to talk, to express, or to even think.

All he could do was stare. Why was all this so confusing? Why did he feel so lost?

He had never seen a person like her, one who was so kind, and so giving, so innocent.

A person so sweet, and all so beautiful at once. And he felt like everytime he thought about her, a pull attracted them closer.

The need to meet her was strong. Pushing back her thoughts,  he shook his head. Focus, this wasn't right, she is too innocent.

He mentally chastised himself.  Walking towards his brothers.

Lost in his thoughts he never realised when he reached Bheem's room, where he knew all his brothers were present.

Their laughter and voice reached him, the moment he pushed the door open.

"Did you see Bhabhishree Pauravi's face?!" Nakul gasped in between his laugh, while he rolled on the ground holding his stomach. Tears streamed from the corners of his eyes.

"WHAT?!" Bheem mocked imitating Pauravi's voice, that illicited another set of laughter from his brothers.

"Her face had paled like she had seen a ghost." Arjun added,  gasping for oxygen in between his laughter.

"But the face first great fall in the food platter, was the best part!" Sehdev added his two cents, illiciting another roar of laughter from the room.

"Damn! That was epic!" Nakul called aloud, barking another laughter. "Sehdev where are you lost?" Yudhisthir, who sat in the corner sitting silently, gazing at his brothers with amusement sparkling in his eyes.

Sehdev gazed at his brother, "I was in the temple. . ." He began narrating the events at the temple, from her confession to Bhism giving her the dagger.

A silence descended over the room, gazing at each other they didn't know what to say. Their hearts beat wildly, more than the later part, they were focused on her confession to God.

Every word that Sehdev had told them, seemed to spin in their mind. Someone caring to such a level was new, and all those emotions that accompanied were new too.

Panchaali was a puzzle in their life, they weren't sure where to fit. It was like suddenly,  she was present everywhere, and no where all at once.

Her thought just had them speechless. It was like she was that one force who pulled them all together, and importantly closer to her.

"I am worried for her. Bhraata, she is doing the same thing that we had, when we had entered this palace." Sehdev voiced out his concern.

"In her sense of family I am afraid we might lose her." The mere thought hurt Arjun, but he had to voice it out. He had almost lost Bheem once, when they had been the naive trusting kids, in this palace.