Chapter 45

The move to Pandavas section of palace didn't take long. The serenity and peace, was what loved Arjun the most.

Like the peaceful forest, he had been brought up in. The complete silence, and no maids or soldiers were a welcome bliss.

"Arjun." Yudhisthir called making him halt mid step, turning around he watched curiously, his eldest walking towards him.

"You're going to your room? Just check on Panchaali for me. Make sure she's resting, I would have but I have an important meeting with Pitahmah."

Being the eldest, he always been the most protective and caring. It came to him more naturally.

It was the same thing Yudhisthir did everytime one of his brothers was sick, checking on them, whether they took medicines, whether they ate or no.

A hundred different responsibilities rested on the shoulders of the crowned prince, yet family, always came first for him.

How he managed that, it was something Arjun always wondered of.

"Will do jyest." The third son of Kunti agreed readily, wanting to help his brother in any way possible.

Earning a nod of approval from his brother. With a last hug the two parted walking in opposite directions.

Making ways to their destinations. 

The huge doors of Panchaali's room greeted him, pushing them open Arjun walked in, curious as to why they were shut.

Her doors were usually open. His breath nearly abandoned him, gazing at the sight ahead of him.

Just a few steps away from him stood his wife, gazing in the mirror of her dressing table, she took up the mangalsutr, tying it around her long beautiful neck.

Her skin glowed in the soft glow of the oil lamps, and twilight.

That filtered through the room, giving it a serene look. Bathing her in it's warmth, amplifying her beauty to an extend, that describing words seemed impossible.

Her long dark hair were left loose to air dry naturally, droplets of water tracing down her face and her neck.

His mouth went dry, making it difficult to swallow. His eyes tracing a droplet that trekked down her long neck, like a droplet on the soft petal of a flower.

Heart beating at a crazy rate, stepping in slowly, all he could focus was his wife.

There was no doubt that all colours suited Panchaali, she looked beautiful in everything.

But seeing her today, he knew that he loved to see her in white the most.

He loved to see her in his favorite color, in his color. The white augmented her innocence.

Her simple lehnga, was a long plain one, with a silver border. It hugger her waist like a second skin, flaring at the end.

Reaching out, he watched hypnotized  while she picked a garlands of jasmine, pinning them in her hair, making them look like an interwoven waterfall of dark and white.

He wanted to look away, and not be a creep staring at her. But it was like her simple movements had him entrapped.

He gazed in rapt attention while she reached for the khol, taking a bit on her pinkie finger she outlined her eyes.

"Arya." Her crimson luscious lips called to him, snapping him out of his daze.

Curiousity traced her gorgeous features, she gazed at him through the mirror, continuing on with her work.