Chapter 38

"Arya, the thing is. . ."

A knock on the door had the two pulling back, a sigh of relief escaping from Draupadi's lips.

"Come in." Nakul's voice rang throughout the place, a maid entered in bowing.

"My lady, Maharani Gandhari has requested your presence." The maid devilvered the message, before bowing and leaving.

The couple gazed at the other quizzically, "Why would Jyest mata want to meet you at this hour?" Nakul asked confused, she shrugged, not really sure.

"Anyway you should go, and talk to her." He stated smiling, pressing his lips to her forehead, his small gestures stole her breath everytime, knocking her out of words, turning her speechless.

Giving him a nod she moved out, as she was walking down the hallway, a hand snatched her wrist, pulling her in the corner.

Her heart hammered wildly, terror seeping in her heart, a scream tore through her lips but it was muffled by a huge calloused hand,

"Shhh shut up it's me Duryodhan!" The prince of Hastinapur whisper yelled, letting her go once he was sure she won't scream.

Her heart calmed a bit, body relaxed. Annoyance pumping through her.

She gulped in the air, trying to calm herself.

Swirling around, she glared at him. "What in the name of lord is wrong with you?! You scared me!" She whisper yelled, shooting a hundred daggers at him, with her eyes.

He raised a brow, smirking. "See I knew it. You're a nothing but a child, spooking at every little thing." Humor tainted his words.

Squinting her eyes, her glare intensified, forcing a thin lipped smile, "You are nothing but a two year old bully." She shot back, making his smile drop.

They glared at each other, neither backing down.

Humor bubbled in them, before bursting in a bout of laughter.

"Ew we sounded like toddlers fighting." She gasped in between her giggles, making him nod his agreement, chuckling.

"Why did you part-kidnap me like this?" She asked once they calmed a bit down, he shuffled around nervously, for the first time, she noticed a curved small bowl in his hand.

It had what seemed like mixture of turmeric and some medicinal herbs.

"This is actually what I wanted to give you. Mother didn't call you, I told the maid to say so. Because of me you got hurt, and I am really sorry for that. I cannot undo it but, here." Guilt weighed heavily in his words, as he put the bowl in her hand.

"This will help your bruises. And this packet will numb your pain. For war we usually are taught some basic medications, so I made it for you." He was rambling, he wanted to mentally kick himself.

This friendship thing, and apologizing made him feel all too weird, nice but weird.

He felt like he was just annoying her.

Vision blurred as she sniffed, she was touched. He thought so much about her, it really touched her heart.

"The big bad wolf has a heart too?" She teased, lightning the mood, knowing he was all new in this, and it made everything awkward for him.

He rolled his eyes, the muscles in his body relaxing.

"Yea yeah, this doesn't make you any less annoying." He huffed folding his hands over his chest.

"Go. Shoo away. Let me sleep and you too sleep you annoying oaf." She shook her hand in the air, as though getting rid of the flies there.

He chuckled, turning around. "Good night lady annoyance!" He hollered, walking down to his room.