Chapter 44

Hours had passed, pandavas sat around the bed, gazing at their wife, who lay unconscious.

Her dark, thick lashes rested against the plush skin of her cheeks. Concern bubbling in their heart.

"She will be fine." Whispered Duryodhan, his heart hurt for his cousins, seeing them in pain, made his heart ache.

"Yes bhraata, jiji will be fine." Bhanumati whispered, gazing at the pandavas, who just nodded.

Bhanumati's eyes focused on Draupadi, Pauravi sitting beside her on the couch.

"She has to be." Pauravi stated, her voice thick with emotions.

"I had done so much to harm her, yet she helped our arya, helped me, I don't know if she will forgive me."

Guilt crunched in the pit of Pauravi's stomach, making her heart weigh like a dead weight.

"Don't cry jiji. Our Drau is very strong, she will be fine, and you know the best part? She has a big heart. She will forgive you. We will live like sister's together." The second wife of Duryodhan said in a soft voice.

Duryodhan's eyes moved towards the two women, he loved the most, they were fine, and for once he could breath again normally.

He didn't feel dead, and all that was because of his cousins. They had returned him his life, and Panchaali, she had returned him his very family.

Concern for her intensified with every passing second.

"What does the vitals say?" Draupadi's first husband inquired, his eyes focused on his wife.

Taking her hand in his Yudhisthir sat beside her on their bed, fingers of his other hand running through her thick tresses.

In a soothing rhythmic motion.

He along with his brothers hadn't spoken much, almost like their lives had ceased the moment she fainted.

"I am pretty sure, she fainted because of fear and distress. She should be awake soon." Sehdev grunted the words, while his twin patched up his wounds.

Stitching up some open wounds, as he spoke. "And thank God for that, I swear I would have torn that bastard into pieces had he dared to pull a stunt on her."

Like a subdued thunder, his words rumbled through Nakul's chest, jaw setting, trying to distract himself, he focused on the wound ahead of him.

"Drau." Bheem crooned from the other side where he sat, his fingers caressing her cheek.

"She will be fine." Duryodhan assured, walking up to his second cousin, giving his shoulder a squeeze.

"I know that. Logically, my mind does. But, my heart? Stupid organ is not willing to believe. Seeing her laying this vulnerable just makes it hurt." Rasped the second son of Kunti, emotions warring in him, reflecting on his torn expression.

"Trust me, I understand." A heaviness weighed in the words of eldest Kaurav, his eyes fleeting towards his wives.

"Stress triggered this, didn't it?" Arjun's words sounded distant, sitting across from the bed, his hands resting on his knees.

As he leaned forward, tears stung his eyes, but he refused to cry. His eyes hued red, from the lack of sleep, tiredness and concern.

Sehdev's gaze locked with his brother's, and that was all the confirmation needed.

Their silent understanding zapping through the air.

"Since the day she has stepped here, things are not going well for her. I find her crying most of the time, the stress is constantly high." Third pandav began, pain reflecting in his words.