Chapter 28

Panchaali paced her room, words of Pitahmah still circling her mind.

"Oh ho Panchi, will you just relax? Looking at you, my head is spinning." Dhara commented looking up from where she sat folding the newly washed clothes.

"But I can't think while I sit." Replied the princess,  halting midstep.  Huffing she gazed at her friend, folding her hands over her chest.

Why was this so difficult? She mentally groaned. "What are you thinking about?" Asked her handmaid,  gazing at her curiously.

Biting her bottom lip, Draupadi contemplated. "I am thinking about doing something special for aryas." She confessed, scarlet dusting her cheeks.

A veil of shyness falling over her, this was ridiculous, why was she feeling shy.

Arya Nakul would surely tease her, if he knew. And arya Bheem? He would probably join the party.

Arya Sehdev would probably be at her side, smiling. Arya Arjun would surely make some playful comment, and of course, Arya Yudhisthir would have his signature smile on his lips. . .

Stop! Stop, thinking about them all the time.

She told herself. Why were they in her thoughts all the time?

Why?

Was she finally going crazy?

"Ohhh hooo already trying to woo them in ha Drau?" Teased Dhara, her eyes lighting in joy, a mischievous grin spread on her lips. "No! Not like that! Ishh Dhara you're being silly." Shyness spread through her, shutting her eyes.

Blushing a zillion shades of red.

"Am I though?" Her friend teased on humor lacing her words, while she stood up, excitement screaming in her posture.

"My little baby is growing up." She said in a fake emotional voice, wiping a non existent tear.

"Dhat!" Panchaali admonished playfully, and the two broke in fits of laughter. 

Their joyous laughter filled the place with a new energy, like after a very long time happiness had touched the steps of Hastinapur. 

Draupadi's laughter slowly faded, leaving behind a soft smile, she gazed at Dhara who had a similar grin on her face.

"On a serious note, I was actually planning to do something special to say a thank you."  She stated, her signature kind smile playing on her lips. Dhara hummed, a confused look marred on Dhara's face.

"Thank you? For what?" She questioned, Panchaali sighed, she began explaining everything.

A shocked silence fell over the place, Dhara's mouth hung open.

In a very slow motion she opened and shut her eyes, blinking all to slowly,  her mind trying to process what she had just heard.

"Dhara?" Panchaali called, her voice laced in confusion,  trying to shake her friend, who just froze completely,  not even twitching a finger.

"OH MY GOODDDDD!!!!"  She suddenly screamed, making Panchaali jolt back in shock, and her butt hit the floor with a thud.

"Holy water!" She cussed, her butt throbbed, as Dhara screamed like a headless chicken in excitement. 

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!!!!!!" She jumped in excitement where she stood, "You're so so so so so so Oh soooooo lucky!!!" Screamed the girl excitedly, like she had had got the biggest gift of her life.

"A little help please?" Panchaali asked sarcastically, from the ground,  where she fell. "Oh my god! They love you so much. . ." Dhara ranted, on and on, but they didn't reach Draupadi's ears, she froze hearing the 'L' word.