Chapter 28: Choices

Here is the weekly update, sorry about being slow with it, but here it is and in Daryl's POV! Let me know what you think, laters!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"Take the risk, or lose the chance." -Unknown

Daryl's POV:
Rick was talking about checkin' out the Catacombs and the rest of prison while Destiny was off doin' whatever the hell it was she'd had to do but I wasn't payin' him much attention because I was caught up in my own head.
"I wanted to know would you teach me how to fight? You or Des, either will do just tell me whether you want to or. It and I can ask Des if you're not up for it." Carl asked me while rubbing his arm and shifting form one foot to the other stumbling over his words.
"I ain't never done that before, I don't think I'm a good teacher go find Des and ask her." I scoffed while rubbing my head and Carl stormed off clearly upset but I wasn't suited to be a teacher to anyone I'm barely suited to be with Destiny in a relationship.
"Daryl, Hershel, Glenn, T-Dogg, Maggie and I, will take the catacombs, the rest of you guys stay safe and don't open the doors for anyone but one of us." Rick ordered us breaking me from my thoughts. That was when Des silently strode back into the prison and sat beside Lori, as Rick concluded his speech.
She looked a bit less uneasy about herself and around the others. I noticed her holding something Purple with something shiny attached to it, looked like maybe a journal or Diary?
"Carl, I need you to hold the fort down, you hear me. We should be back soon, hopefully with more supplies than Destiny brought back." Rick joked and winked at Des, as he handed Carl the keys.
She rolled her eyes at him. "You could only wish, old man! You couldn't beat me on my worst day, more than likely right now." She joked back and I chuckled because she was right.
She is a Damn'd good fighter, I just wish she never had to know how to survive and never had to kill even if it was just walkers.
Though, Rick never did tell us what happened to Shane, he did inform us that we are all infected with the Zombie virus or whatever.
That threw us all for a loop and had all of us on edge, he still hasn't told Des, Olivia and Faith, claiming it is because 'they were still dealing with the death of their loved one'.
"Glad ta see ya came back, went well?" I asked her getting to the point, as I waited for everyone to be ready.
"Yeah, I believe that I'll be all right now, thank you for putting up with me being Clingy and kind of desperate." She scoffed and ran a hand through her beautiful long Wavy Brown Hair. 
"I guess that you were the one that held me together, after what happened with Lucas and now I think I have finally come to terms with everything. So thanks for putting up with me and helping me through that." She smiled and pulled me into a hug.
"Mmhmm, no problem, yer important ta me, bein' My Woman and all." I told her and kissed her lips, it seemed like I could never get enough of her.
I was sure that Des was ending whatever it is that we have, but she surprised me when she said she was never leaving me.
"Come on Daryl, you'll have all the time in the world to worship at her feet, when we finish scouting the prison." Glenn laughed and I wanted to throw a shoe at his head for his stupidity.
"You really like her, don't you Daryl?" Hershel whispered and I stumbled over my own shoes, but quickly righted myself.
"Uh-huh, she's important ta me, now lets focus old man." I sighed and tried to listen for any subtle signs of Walkers.
"You know, she loves you, fiercely so, Her and Beth-" Hershel was explaining to me.
"Turn around!" Rick yelled and we all spun on our heel, turning around and started to run back the way we came. "Walkers!" Rick yelled, confirming my thoughts.
I had barely dodged getting grabbed by a Walker and we were almost back to the safety of the main area. "Where's Glenn and Maggie!" Hershel asked us.
"Like hell I'd know, they were righ' behin' us." I scoffed and kicked the wall. Before anyone could do or say anything, Hershel went charging back to where we last saw them.
"MAGGIE! MAGGIE!" Hershel called out for his Daughter. "GLENN! MAGGIE?!" Hershel continued to yell for them and we were taking out walkers to try and get to him.
"Aaaugh!" We heard his cry of pain, I rushed to the front of everyone and shot an arrow at the walker that bit Hershel in his lower calf.
"Daddy! No!" Maggie sobbed as her and Glenn finally found us, a bit too late if ya ask me.
We had pulled Hershel onto a vacant big room and closed the doors. He was bit, we will have to kill him... I can't kill him Though, he is the last guy in Destiny's life that is like a Dad to her.
"Look, you have two choices, One, you can shoot him in the head now; or Two, I believe I can save your Dad, but it is going to be painful and I am not a hundred percent sure it will work." Rick told Maggie and she was a hot mess.
"I WON'T kill my Dad, I don' care what the hell ya gotta do, just save him!" She sobbed, as she held her Dad's head in her Lap.
"Okay, give me your Axe Glenn!" Rick commanded Glenn, though Rick kept staring at Hershels leg, looking deep in thought.
Glenn hesitatantly gave Rick the weapon. "I am doing this to Save you, for your girls, please forgive me Hershel." Rick sighed.
We all watched in Horror as he brought it down onto Hershels leg, cutting above where he was bit.
He had successfully amputated Hershels leg, though now the old man was losing too much blood. Though I was still stuck on the fact that Hershel had said that Destiny Loves me, that all of this wasn't fully sinking in.
"What the fuck!" Someone asked astonished, as they looked at the old guy, that got his leg chopped off.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank you to everyone reading, I hope that you enjoyed the chapter.
Please remember to:
1. COMMENT (let me know what you thought),
2. VOTE (if you finished reading the chapter) and
3. SHARE (because the story should be shared with other Daryl Dixon fans;P)
~Destinywriter94