Chapter 37: Great Man

Thank you to EVERYONE that's Reading, Voting and Sharing. I hope that you all enjoy the Update, sorry ahead of time if it seems like a filler but it is needed so, anyway enjoy!
*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*
"One of the hardest lessons in life is letting go, Whether it's guilt, anger, Love, loss or betrayal. Change is never easy. We fight to hold on and we fight to let go." - Unknown

Destiny's POV:

'Dear Diary,

It's been a week since I found Merle, Andrea, Michone and Thor.

The group is having a hard time getting along with Merle, they do NOT trust him, as far as they can throw him and in their opinions, they can't throw him very far.

I keep trying to tell them, that Merle is just being the way he is, because he doesn't think there is anything wrong with it.

He never needed to be nice, because from little snippets of info Dare gave me on his life, it sounds Their dad was a mean bastard and to protect himself, he had to be mean back, but now, he has a reason to be a nice, good person.

He has us to be the family that Merle and Daryl never really had. I just want all of us to get along that's it, though for now, it seems like a Pipe Dream.

Somehow, someway, I'll get them to see that Merle is a great guy, that he can be trusted, they just need to give him some trust, to get Trust, give and take.

Though Andrea, fit right back into the group, as if we had never gotten separated. Michone, is fitting in very nicely, just like I had hoped.

She, Daryl, Merle and I have become great friends, we go hunting together and we also go on runs together.

The three of us have become inseparable, it's weird for everyone to see us without each other. Thus, everyone calling us, 'The Four musketeers', but that's beside the point.

My Sister and Beth have been acting very weird, since I came back from my Run and now I want to know why. -'

"You knew I was in there and you deliberately opened the shower curtain! Do you know nothing about privacy? Destiny!" Carol was yelling at Merle and she had yelled for me.

Merle, yet again had done something to Carol, which interrupted my writing time while I watched over Carl, Sophia and Judith.

I had time to write because, they were busy, coloring, playing with the toys we found on runs or playing with Judith.

So, I didn't really have much to do, when they decided I was going to be the one to watch the kids, it was a unanimous decision and yet I don't mind being 'stuck' on babysitting duty.

I just sighed, because he is making this a hundred times harder, trying to get people to accept him here and I slipped my journal into the back of my jeans.

"Carl, would you please watch Sophia and Your sister, I need to go babysit Merle over there." I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, I got this, be careful." Carl chuckled, tipped his Dad's hat at me, he was just so CUTE, I hugged and kissed his cheek.

"Hey Sophie, listen to Carl, until I get back and both of you watch Jude, you hear me?" I smiled, lightly tapped her nose and she giggled but, nodded her head 'yes', before I headed over toward Merle and Carol.

"Aw come on Lil Mouse, I had ta shower ta, I jus' wanted ta conserve sum water." Merle chuckled and Carol was pinching the bridge of her nose, clearly irritated.

"Okay, for the twentieth time this week, Merle, can you come with me, I need to talk to you, alone." I sighed and motioned for him to follow me.

I gave Carol a sympathetic glance, before I pulled Merle with me, to try and resolve this, hopefully once and for all.

I was the only one, at the moment, that could sort of get through to Merle right now, because Daryl was out hunting.

He took Thor with him, to sharpen Thor's hunting skills; he had officially given me rights to do whatever I Had to do, to try and help keep Merle in the group.

We were standing in Daryl's and my room, because I know that no one would dare to eavesdrop on us here.

I was never one for violence unless It came down to the nitty gritty, so I decided that I was gonna talk to Merle and pray that I'd get through to him, despite this being like the twentieth time this week.

"All right, ya got me all ta yerself, what do ya want?" He sighed and I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I didn't say this in front of anyone, 'cause I know it's something you're dealing with and don't want anyone else to know, until you figure it out, yourself but..." I was struggling with how to say it.

"Could you please quit with your messed up flirting with Carol, if you like her, then just tell her." I told him, with my arms crossed against my chest and hip cocked to the side.

"Ya don' know what Yer talkin' 'bout sweet cheeks, jus' take care 'o the kids, that's Yer job, no' ta try ta fix stuff that don' got nothin' ta do with ya." He glared and stood in front of me with his chest puffed out, acting like an alpha.

"Your certainly one gigantic asshole, everyone's got you pegged there, but they don't understand you like I do." I stood tall, even though Merle was a good foot taller than me and he just scoffed.

"I'm being serious, you're a trying man, but I know that despite everything that everyone dislikes you for, I like you for everything, because you found a way to Survive." I told Merle.

I was trying to let him know, that I accepted him and that he didn't always have to do crude things, to get people's attention, as specially Carol's.

"You are important to this group Merle, Whether you'd like to think it or not, there are so many things that you've done that make you a great man." I was trying to make him see the good man that he's become.

"I don' need no pep talk! Quit tryin' ta-" He was getting frustrated and I held up a hand in front of his face, immediately silencing him.

"Just shut up fer now Merle and Listen to me." I told him raising an eyebrow and he just growled at me.

"I may not have known you when they handcuffed you onto that roof, but I'd say that you've changed and become a great person." I nodded my head at him.

"You let Andrea stay with you, You NEVER stopped searching for Daryl, you're great around the kids, I've seen you around them whenever you think no one's around and your falling for someone, whether you want to admit it or not." I smiled at all of the good things, I remembered off the top of my head, about Merle.

"Not only all of that, you trusted me, when I told you that I was going to bring you back to Daryl, I know that you don't hand your trust out easily, because neither does Dare." I laughed and leaned against the wall.

"You aren't being out-casted, unless you make yourself the outcast. Your a really great man Merle, you need to learn how to work around your demons and let the group in." I concluded and he continued to glare at me.

"Ya done yet? 'cause ya should go back ta work." Was all he said and started to leave the room.

"I can see that I actually got through to you..." I sighed, shook my head and pinched the bridge of my nose irritated. I swear, I'm going to have a bruise on my nose from how much he makes me pinch it.

"Damn it Merle, At least try to Not Torment Carol too badly, PLEASE!" I begged him, he turned around, winked and laughed as he walked away.

Oh yes, I made some serious progress with him. Ugh, it's like talking to a fucking wall, did he not hear anything I told Him! He is Daryl's brother, but he is one seriously Trying man.

*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*
A Serious Thank you to all of the Dedicated Readers and Voters. Also Thank you to the New Readers and Voters. I hope that you all enjoyed the Update!
Let me know what you think by COMMENTING & VOTING!