Chapter 2: Helping Hand

The picture on the side or above, is of John Stamos As Lucas Jameson (Dad, of Dylan, Destiny, Adam and Faith and Husband to Olivia Jameson.)
Shout out to the Amazing Cover creator for this story @Casey-Louise_x. :D
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Life has a funny way of bringing people back together." -Destinywriter94

Destiny's POV:

I burst through the trees and was horrified to see a little girl being surrounded by walkers, one of my worst Nightmares.

It reminded me of when the apocalypse first happened and we had lost my younger Brother, Adam.

At first for a good Fifteen Seconds or so, I stood there mortified at the scene in front of me and just watched.

Then it finally clicked that I could save her and change her fate, that she didn't have to become a walker.

I raised my Sword above my head and went running at the walkers. Chopping away at them, making sure to always hit them on the head.

As soon as the six or so walkers were laying there, completely lifeless, I turned back toward the little girl.

"Are you okay?" I asked her as I crouched down by her and quickly examined her to see if she had any cuts or scratches.

"It's okay, your going to be all right, please come with me, I can help you." I told her as I held my hand out to her.

She nervously reached out to me and I smiled at her, she was so small and meek. How the hell did she make it out this far?

"Have you been bitten or scratched?" I asked her, as we walked back toward our home, hoping there was enough room for her, I hadn't seen anything but that

doesn't mean that she didn't have any.

She shook her head as she folded her arms across her chest looking terrified and shy.

"Look, I know that all of this shit is scary, but I think that, maybe if you stick around long enough, I can teach you how to defend yourself, how does that sound?" I asked the shy girl In front of me.

"Okay, so you don't really talk, I get that, anyway we are here." I told her as we stepped through the bushes, only to have a gun pressed to my head.

"Dylan, relax it's just me, She was the scream that we heard, she was trying to escape Walkers." I smiled at him and placed a comforting hand on the young girls back.

"Damn it Des, you know we can't be taking in every stray out there, what if she is a set up, so they can find camps and steal women?" Dylan asked as he paced, but continued to keep watch.

"Look, I hate to say it but your acting paranoid, there ain't no one out here but, the Greene's and US." I informed him as I tried to side step around him.

"Look, I am going inside with her whether or not you approve and whether or not you move." I told him staring back at him, not backing down, something I have gotten good at.

"Ah what the hell, take her inside, but whether she stays or not, Is upto Dad and Hershel.You hear me Des, because she won't feed your curiosity." Dylan continued to babble on, I rolled my eyes at him and ushered the girl inside.

"Oh sweetie, I'm glad your back, Dinner will be soon- Oh, please have a seat." Mom lightly rubbed the top of her head, while Patricia continued fixing dinner, looking back at the girl a few times.

"Her scream was the one that we had heard, I had gotten there just in time Mom. I even took down half a herd of walkers, to be more accurate, I took down Six walkers, but hey, who is counting right?" I was babbling on, excited that I had finally helped out.

"Good job sweet heart, but would you mind finding your Sister and Beth? It's almost Dinner time." Mom instructed me and I nodded, but remembered that the little girl was still here.

"Don't worry about her, Tricia and I can handle her. After all, I handled you, your brother and Sister didn't I? Now go get the girls and do try to get your brother in here too, Dad should be home soon." Mom told me, literally shoeing me out the door.

"My name is Sophia and I am okay, thanks to you." The little girl spoke up, as she peered around my Mom and I smiled.

I walked off knowing that, even the smallest helping hand, was worth more than anything, as specially instead of becoming a walker.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Thank you for reading, please remember to COMMENT, VOTE, FOLLOW and SHARE. Happy Holidays!