Chapter 23: Despite

Okay, here is the next chapter, hope you guys are enjoying remember to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE!
Obviously the picture is of Maggie & Glenn, but I hope you can imagine it as Destiny & Daryl!

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
"I am grateful for my struggle, because without it, I wouldn't have stumbled across my strength." -Unknown

Destiny's POV:

Another week of dealing with Daryl's stupid mood-swings and really, I was done with him and his pissy attitude.

"You shoulda stayed at Camp, I didn' need ya here." He scoffed and walked ahead of me, with his Crossbow raised.

We had just finished hunting and had caught six squirrels, I don't know why the hell he was suddenly being an ass.

It's not like we hadnt caught anything, I shrugged and continued to follow him, figuring his mood would pass.

"Do ya even know when ta leave someone alone! I won' be a replacement fer Yer Dad-" He was raising his voice at me and talking shit.

I really was gonna let that last mood swing go, like the rest of them, until he brought up Lucas and talked smart, about him being his replacement.

I raised my hand, he flinched thinking I was going to strike him which made my heart hurt for him. Instead I grabbed a fistful of his vest and got up in his face. I needed to figure out whatever was making him this wound up that he would verbally strike out at me like this and try to distance himself from not only me but the group.

"I have dealt with your Damn'd mood swings for too long! You spouting off, about about being a replacement for my Father... No, I am done!" I told him, hand shaking with al the emotions I was fighting to keep in their place. I was so angry that it felt like my blood was on fire or something.

"I am done thinking that I did something wrong and upset you! When you're just conflicted about something and taking it out on me, because you concocted some scenario in that thick handsome skull of yours. In case you forgot hothead, my father tried to murder me and get away with it! I still haven't fully come to grips with that, all I've been worried about is You, Carl and the groups safety!" I told him tears of anger and frustration rushed down my cheeks.

He glared at me as he paced around holding tightly his crossbow while biting his lower lip, his face was taught with anger and turmoil. I sighed and wiped away the tears, Praying more wouldn't fall, because I felt like they made me look weak.

"I have stayed by your side Daryl, even though apparently you don't want me around and have been saying rude, unnecessary things to me. Nobody else cares about you like I do, your brother Merle does but he's out there fighting his own battles and knowing that he's your brother I just know that he's fighting to survive. So please do us both a favor, quit making problems where there are none!" I told him, feeling my heart squeeze in pain at my admittance of that.

He still hasn't said anything, so I figured I could say everything I wanted to say. I never got the chance to know his Brother Merle, though I'm certain that he must be just as thick and hard to deal with as Daryl. I look forward to the day I get to meet this infamous Merle, I'll knock him down a few pegs and I know that I would still manage to befriend him.

"I stayed beside you through everything, because I know that you're a good man, despite whatever hell it is you went through, you pulled through and became a Damn good man." I stood tall and looked him In the eye as I told him that.

"Quit actin' like ya know me! Ya don' know me and ya never-" He was getting angry again and I shook my head.

"You are a man that I have fallen for, despite your constant mood swings, harsh words and demons, that you hide. In this fucked up world we have to hold on tightly to what's important to us, otherwise we risk losing them and right now I am doing my best to hold you close but you're making that considerably harder!" I explained to him and I looked up at him.