Chapter 24: Hope

Thank you to @zarahbronstein for being a dedicated reader and always letting me know how much she enjoys the story. ;D

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the World to do; But to hold it together, when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength." -Unknown

Destiny's POV:

The first two months, of trying to find somewhere permanent to stay were all right, I was between Daryl's tent and my Mom's tent, which also meant, my poor Brother had to continue to play musical tent, a LOT!

But, Five or six hard months on the road, with an extremely pregnant, Moody, bitchy, ungrateful Lori, is making me wish I hadn't found the group again.

"You killed Shane!" She sobbed for what seemed like the hundredth time today, it was like she didn't realize, she was whining about an EXTREMELY Dead dude.

How the hell she even knew that I had killed Shane, I will never know for certain, but I am assuming Rick told her, in one of there MANY heated arguments.

I was getting really tired of sharing this RV with her, pregnant or Not, I was ready to throw her out of this vehicle, Moving or not and wish her the best.

I know that Daryl had insisted that I stay in the RV, for my safety but I can not promise that Lori will be safe in here for much longer.

I can't believe how ungrateful she is, she's a whore that could be carrying either Shane's or Rick's baby but we'll never know for sure until it's born and can see the features of the baby.

"Mom, stop the Damn vehicle, Now! 'cause if you don', ya will be responsible fer what migh' happen." I told her, my accent from hanging around Daryl, slipping through and she just smiled, as she honked her horn the signal to everyone that we needed to stop.

The RV barely pulled to a stop, as did everyone else before I jumped out of the RV, not staying a second longer than I had to and purposed strode up to Daryl.

"Never again, stick me with Lori and claim that 'it's for my safety'! It was a lie, you just wanted to test my patience!" I told Daryl as he walked up to me smirking and I was pissed.

I had stayed in the RV, for roughly four or five months, Listening to Lori whine, cry and blame me. It was Four or Five months too long.

I slapped Daryl's chest and glared at him, everyone else watched bemused. He stopped my hands from slapping his chest by holding them to his chest.

"I pacified you for five months Dare, but I can't do it anymore! Either she rides somewhere else, I walk, or I am riding on that precious motorcycle of yours, the choice is yours, bucko!" I told him feeling at my wits end.

"We can' move Lori out o' there, she needs ta be somewhere comfortable. I don' want ya gone, ya can ride wit' me. Grab what ya need ta grab and we can get going again." Daryl chuckled, pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"I don't know why the hell we didn't go with this arrangement to begin with! I swear, there's nobody I want dead more than her, how the hell can she be so cruel to Rick? What about their son, he's being caught in the cross fire and she doesn't seem to give a damn!" I vented while grabbing my coat from my Mom's outstretched hand and tying my hair back.

"Guess she's just one of those sorta Mothers, but Carl has you and the rest of us so he should be fine." Daryl replied casually with a shrug and I snorted in reply.

Nothing else was said as I slipped on the helmet Daryl offered me, climbed on behind him and held on tightly to the man who has my heart.

We drove a few more miles before we stopped for the night, I wanted to share a tent with Daryl, more than I wanted a warm comfortable place to sleep.