Chapter 22: Got Your Back, Sis

All right, well a special Valentine's Day update, sorry for it being late but I was busy Cooking with the Family, anyway hope you enjoy!

*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~
"I don't know what 'We' are. Sometimes I feel like we're really close, but then on other days, you treat me like I'm just an acquaintance or some sort of unwanted Stranger." -Unknown 

Destiny's POV:

About two weeks ago, my Father died and I am still blaming myself for his death, yet I am happy that he is finally out of my life. 

Hardly anyone talks to Mom, Dylan, Faith and I, supposedly because they don't know how to handle us, what to say or whatever. 

I was sitting by the fire, we were camped outside again, until we can find a place to call our own and the only noise you could hear was the sound of plates clinking. 

I tossed my plate down, causing the group to jump and stare at me. "I am done bitting my tongue, y'all wanna know what happened to Shane, huh?" I asked them, irritated that they were all looking at my family and I like we're murderers or something. 

"No, Des just let it go." Rick pleaded with me and I just scoffed at him. 

"No Rick, I won't 'Let it go', because no one else, namely Lori, will let it go." I growled and stood to me feet, hearing some scattered gasps from the group.

"ENOUGH! Cool your head Destiny or leave the group." Rick reprimanded me and I shook my head.

"Yeah, I guess those are my only options, for now, you can keep your secret but be careful, Karma is a bitch." I told him and stalked to my tent, I shared with Mom. 

Faith obviously shared with Beth and Dylan had to share with Daryl, I wish I could've shared with Daryl.

I was irritated with Daryl too, because one minute he was kind to me, then the next he was a complete asshole. 

"Des, can I talk to you?" Dylan asked me, as he stood outside the tent and I unzipped the opening. 

"He wants me gone doesn't he?" I sighed and rubbed the back of my neck, irritated with myself for not being able to bite my tongue anymore. 

It's like I've out grown my old doormat self and started to stand up for myself and family. 

"No, I was just concerned about you, you seem to be a bit more temperamental lately, is everything all right?" He asked me as he sat down beside me and I finally felt the tears fall. 

"I have something to tell the group, but Rick doesn't want anyone to know, because 'everyone should remember Shane in a good way', but he was just a horrible man and the Secret is killing me!" I told him, because it was, I killed Shane! 

It doesn't matter how horrible person he was, I killed him and didn't even have enough time afterwards, to be all right with it. 

"You should stop keeping the secret, if it's doing this to you, it can't be good for your health to be this tormented, You can tell me." My brother pulled me into a hug, as I continued to cry.

This is the first time since I saw Mom kill Lucas, that I cried and it actually felt good. "N-No, you will see me as a monster, I know you will, everyone will." I whimpered and covered my face. 

I pulled myself together a little bit and remembered what else was making me this frustrated. 

"That's not the only thing making me frustrated lately... If I tell you, I don't want you poking fun at me." I told him smiling and shoving his shoulder playfully, trying to get past the awkward emotional moment.

"Okay, fine! I promise not to tease you, too badly, now out with it Des." He chuckled and I took a deep breath.

"It's Daryl... We hung out a lot at the farm, but he's grown distant and seems more angry. He is nice to me one minute, but angry the next and just walks away from me." I sighed and rubbed my forehead, getting a headache, just thinking about Daryl. 

"I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong, I like him, a lot and I just want to be by him." I finished and Dylan let out a low whistle. 

"Damn Des, ya got it bad for that red neck." He sighed and shook his head. 

"Maybe, he just feels like he failed protecting everyone and just needs space." He tried to explain why Daryl was being a jerk. 

"He seems like a very complex character, what made you  interested in him?" Dyl asked me and I just sighed, because my answer would be awkward and hard to admit. 

"I fell for him, because he was so gruff and stand off-ish, he seems so misunderstood and judged. He cares about more people, than they think." I smiled, thinking about how fiercely Carol had said, that Daryl looked for Sophia. 

"Despite his rough, stand-off, loner exterior, he has a Kind, wounded boy, looking for acceptance and love, interior...Plus, his muscles, they are amazing and his flippant attitude toward his good looks." I concluded with a blush and smile on my face. 

"Wow, you really fell for him huh Des... I just want you to be happy and if he can make you like this, then he also has the power to make you immensely happy." Dylan smiled really big and pulled me into a 'bear hug'. 

"Just hang in there Des, we're all struggling with not having somewhere stable to live. He'll come around and if he doesn't, I'll beat some sense into him, I got your back Sis, I always do." Dylan smirked, kissed my cheek and exited the tent. 

Leave it to my Brother, he seems to always know what to say when I am upset, he has always been there to Console me, ever since we were little. 

Lucas, was always not very nice to me, Dylan never stood up to him because he was our Father, but he was always there to console me, he is the best sibling that anyone could ever have. 

*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~
Thank you, as always to you lovely Readers, without you, This story would still just be on my computer, begging for eyes to read it.
Happy Valentine's Day!

-Xoxo You know you love me... Gossip Girl! :P (Lol jk)