Chapter 29: Life Or Death

Here is a special St. Patricks Day update, hope you guys enjoy, it's in Daryl's POV!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
"I'm not invincible or unstoppable but, I stay strong because, it's the only way to Survive in this world." -Eminem

Daryl's POV:

"The State of Georgia pardons all yer past indiscretions, Yer free ta go." I told the prisoners, hopin' they'd just leave. They didn', we had ta bring Hershel back though, 'cause he was losin' ta much blood and we shouldn' keep him here fer much longer.
"Rick, Daddy won't make it if we stay here any longer, he's losing too much blood, he needs help!" Maggie sobbed and it was in that moment, that I knew exactly what we had ta do.
"Maggie, You and Glenn take Hershel back to the Group, we will be right behind you, we just gotta clear out the walkers." Rick told her and she nodded her head, as she wiped her eyes.
We kept our eyes on the prisoners, but we could hear that Maggie and Glenn had left. We couldn't afford to let anyone  of them out of our sights, we had ta kill them, 'cause we don't know what the hell they're in here for.
"We need to clear out the walkers, you guys will help us because, we're gonna clear out a Cell for you guys and you can stay there when we're done." Rick told the five prisoners who were staring at us like we didn't belong here.
"This is our Home, we will give ya a day to pack, no more and no less." The leader, a lanky cocky Mexican spoke up.
"We will figure all of that out after but, we have to clear out the walkers." Rick spoke cautiously, as he stood on his feet and had his hand on the butt of his gun.
T-Dogg looked at me worried, hell I'm jus' worried that one of 'em will run off and find our group, I don' want any harm ta come ta Destiny.

"Ya always gotta go fer the head, stab the brain and ya kill the Walker." I explained ta these brain dead idiots, I might as well be talkin' ta Walker.
Instead they went running right inta the horde of Walkers and were hittin' them everywhere but, where I told them too. I shook my head, raised my Crossbow and shot any Walkers that were ta close ta the prisoners.
The Big Black Guy, 'Big Tiny', I believe they called him, cried out and killed the walker. Though, blood was Runnin'down his shirt, he was scratched close to the neck, There wasn't a thing we could do fer him, he's as good as Dead now.
The leader Tomas, pushed past his horrified friends and brutally killed 'Big Tiny', despite Big Tiny's pleading. Tomas killed him with the crowbar that he had been using to kill the walkers.
"Watch him, I don' trust him." I leaned in toward Rick and T-Dogg, warning them that this guy was not someone to be allowed around the group and they both nodded in silent agreement.

We had finally arrived at the double doors leading to their cell block, but I wasn't so sure about lettin' them live.
"All right, Tomas, open One Door, we need to be able to control what comes in." Rick instructed the skeezy Mexican.
Tomas scoffed, walked up to the doors, pulled open both doors and killed a few walkers as they stumbled in.
"I told ya, One Door!" Rick yelled, sounding frustrated as he killed walkers and Tomas just shrugged as we all Killed Walker after walker.
I shot a few, with my Crossbow, that were ta close ta Rick and T-Dogg, that Asshole better not cost us a comrade.
An axe had flew right past Rick, he had barley dodged it when a Walker was shoved at him, which caused Rick to drop his weapon and end up on his back trying to keep the Walker from biting him.
I growled, frustrated that I couldn't quite help him yet, I had walkers surrounding me ta. That Thomas is dead, I don' care if Rick says otherwise.
I finished the walkers around me, raised my Crossbow and quickly killed the Walker that Thomas had shoved at Rick.
T-Dogg killed the last Walker, just as Rick got back to his feet, picked up his weapon and walked up to Tomas. "Hey man, shit happens." Thomas shrugged with a smirk on his face.
"Yeah man, I get it, shit happens." Rick chuckled a hollow smile on his face, patted Tomas on the shoulder and suddenly Rick's Machete was lodged in Thomas's skull.
Damn, that escalated quick, whatever, I'm jus' glad he's dead. Oscar and Axel, dropped their weapons and fell to their knees. The Other one, I believe was called Andrew, quickly ran past T-Dogg, back into the Catacombs, Shit!
"Please! We ain't like Tomas or Andrew! We can help ya guys, we jus' wanna live!" The Red head pleaded and Rick shook his head 'no', to T-Dogg and I.
I nodded, it was Clear that we jus' had ta kill 'em, we had no other choice, they could pose a threat ta the group.
I watched as the arrow lodged in the Oscar's skull and also watched as T-Dogg killed Axel with his knife.
Thomas, Big Tiny, Oscar and Axel are all Dead, that leaves Andrew left to find and kill. One too many loose ends if ya ask me, we shoulda killed them right from the get.
"We gotta find that sneaky bastard, before he finds our camp and hurts someone." I told Rick, as I glanced at him and I was more concerned that Des might end up hurt.

We were slowly making our way back to our prison block being sure to check every nook and cranny that the little bastard could hide in and killing any walkers that got in our way.
"Nothin' just a bunch of Dead walkers-" T-Dogg was informing us, there was no sign of that little Bastard and I was getting frustrated.
"Dad! Dad! Daryl!" We heard Carl yell, Rick looked worried and I was worried that somethin' had happened to Destiny or worse Hershel.
We ran back to the entrance of our camp and Carl immediately let us in. As soon as we entered, we could hear Beth and Maggie crying, I hope Hershel is all right.
"Dad, Daryl, it's Destiny! A Man came in through the Other Entrance and took her hostage!" Carl explained, sounding and looking worried as he pointed out to the Common room.
"What! No fuck!" I Yelled, as I took the keys from Carl's hands and ran towards the door that separated me from Des.
Out of nowhere, Carol stepped in front of me and I growled at her, No one can, or will keep me away from Des.
"Daryl, it would've been me, had she not shoved me out of the way, I'm sorry Daryl." Carol apologized and that just made me even more angry.
It wouldn't 'ave been Des, had she decided not ta be a hero and yet, I was still glad that she was that protective of our group.
"Daryl! Don't-" Destiny was saying ta me until, I shoved open the door with my Crossbow raised, I heard other feet shuffling behind me but, that didn' matter and I scanned the room for Des. 
I saw the body of Andrew, apparently it was a bad idea because, he was laying on the ground, only a few feet in front of Her.
She was leaning against the cement stairs that lead out to the courtyard, she was holding her knife and her hands were shaking.
Her clothes were splattered with blood but, it didn't look like she had any major injuries, I let out a sigh of relief and cautiously approached her, not 'cause I was scared of her, I jus' know this is the first time she ever killed another Human being, at least I'm hoping that's the case.
"Told ya, I could take care of myself..." She laughed, despite it being the worst time ta laugh and she let go of the knife.
It clattered to the ground, it seemed to echo all around us, it was bloody and so were her hands. This was somethin' I never wanted fer her ta do, kill a Livin' Human bein', a walker is different they're Dead.
"Sorry Des, we hadn't caught him in time, we tried ta get 'ere as fast as possible, but we ran inta herd o' walkers." I frowned, as I knelt down beside her, I let my hand caress her face and she just shook her head at me
"It's okay, I'm okay Dare, see he's dead and there is no more threat, right?" She asked me as she warily smiled at me and I nodded my head at her.
"Then I'm perfectly okay Dare, I truly appreciate you always being concerned for me and I'm sorry I make you worry." She apologized and pulled me inta hug.
I held her close ta me, glad she was all righ' and that she could protect herself, jus' mad that I couldn' be here ta protect her.
I couldn' tell if she was tryin' ta reassure me or herself, either way it wasn' makin' me feel any better.
"A few scratches, minor injuries, you're gonna be okay." I whispered to myself, as I breathed in her scent to cement it in my head that she was all righ' and held her close ta me.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Thank use for reading, please remember to: COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE! Happy St. Patricks Day!