Chapter 12: Pain

The picture above, is of Daryl holding Carol, but please do Imagine Destiny in his arms and it being outside the Greene's home. Thank you and Please do VOTE, Comment and SHARE.

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
"When someone is going through a storm, your silent presence is more powerful, than a million empty words." -Unknown

Daryl's POV:

'To this day, all I can remember is; waiting for my Dad and Adam to come home, but that night it was just my Dad, something had broken inside me...' her voice hitched on a sob. 

'because I knew that Adam, not returning, was my fault and nothing was the same ever again.' She told me as tears fell down her face.  

'I could tell I was being silently blamed for whatever Happened to Adam, but I just wish I knew what happened to Adam and have some sort of closure or something.' 

Was what Destiny had told me yesterday and now Today of all fucking Days, Shane decided to do 

this, on the day her Brother had never returned home. 

Des looked over at Rick, then at Me, as if thinking we were going to step in front of a psychotic Shane. Instead we're standing at the ready with our weapons. 

"Stop it! You've proven your point-" Des stood in front of him, trying to keep him from doing anymore harm, only to be shoved away, I watched in horror as her head hit the side of the barn and she landed on the pitchfork. 

"What the hell Shane!" I yelled at the asshole and started to walk over to Des, only to be stopped as Shane pried open the big barn doors. 

I had saved Des quite a few times more than I would've liked, but she protected herself well. 

We had taken down all the Walkers and thought that every one of them were dead. Until we heard one more Walker breathing and shuffling around. 

He came walking out and I heard Destiny gasp. "Oh my god, Adam!" She smiled, shakily stood to her feet. 

She quickly removed the one sharp point that had impaled her and started to hobble towards him, until, her Rick, pulled her back, to prevent her from going by him. 

"No, No, NO! ADAM! Please...God no!" She sobbed and tried to fight out of his hold. 

I couldn't let her watch this, this was all ready painful enough for her as it is, I'm glad that Rick is helping even though he looks torn too, she doesn't need to get bit too. 

"Adam, no please, please! He's my Brother!" Des pleaded as I walked up to him and pointed my cross bow at Adams head. Adam snapped his teeth together and reached for me. 

"No! Please Don't! Please-" She was on her knees leaning forward,  trying to beg Me, to spare just this one life, until I looked back at her,  pulled the trigger and watched her eyes loose their life; as she watched her Brother fall. 

I could hear her Sister, Brother, Mother and Father weeping over this, along with Beth and the Greene family, but all I could care about was the girl who looked broken in her Brothers Arms, trying to hold back her tears. 

She had finally figured out what had happened to her Brother, he had become something no one should ever become, only to watch him get killed. 

That had to be devastating for her,  after all, she, along with her family,  more than likely Blame her for this. 

"He was dead...Adam was dead for Two years and you..." She was mumbling, as I walked up to her and tried to pull her in for a hug. 

Until she shoved me away, wincing holding her side, as she turned toward her Father looking livid, on the verge of crying and about to pass out. 

"YOU NEVER TOLD ME, YOU LET ME HOPE! YOU LET HIM BECOME A MONSTER AND HELD HIM IN A BARN, LIKE SOME WILD ANIMAL, WHEN YOU SHOULD'VE JUST KILLED HIM!" Destiny yelled at her father, anger making her body shake and I could tell she was fighting to stay conscious.  

"NO! YOU DID THIS, YOU DID THIS TO US, TO OUR FAMILY! YOU TORE APART OUR FAMILY, IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT ADAM IS DEAD! I DIDN'T MAKE HIM INTO A MONSTER YOU DID, BY FAILING HIM! ALL OF THIS IS YOUR FAULT!" Her Father yelled back at her and made her recoil in pain. 

At first she stood there for a second or so before she stood in front of him, looked up at him as if looking for a lie and slapped him so hard, that it seemed to echo. 

I grabbed her around the waist and pulled her away from him; even though she fought and struggled to try and get to her Dad, again. 

"I always knew you blamed me for this, I knew, but never wanted to hear you say it." She spoke, sounding so sad and defeated, as she finally slumped against my arms. 

I stood in front of Her parents, holding the now passed out Destiny. 

I was still seething over the fact that Shane had shoved her that hard and hurt her, even if it wasn't intended. 

"It ain't her fault, never was, You're the parents, she was young and didn't understand what was happenin', quit blamin' her all ready." I told them, as Rick tried to get me to back down. I shrugged him off and brushed some hair from Destiny's face.  

I had said, all that needed to be said, because it didn't matter what the hell I say to them, they will still hate and Blame her, I am wasting my breath on them.

Everyone was following Hershel, Lucas and their families as they headed back to their sanctuary. So I followed, because Hershel was the only one that could help Destiny. 

"I WANT HIM GONE! I WANT ALL OF YOU, OFF MY LAND." Hershel commanded Rick as him, his girls and Destiny's family started to go inside. 

"How long-" Shane had grabbed Hershel by the collar of his shirt and was asking him something. 

"Hey! Don't touch him!" Maggie slapped Shane and he immediately backed off. "Haven't you done enough." She told him and walked up the steps into the house as Hershel followed. 

"I mean it... Off my land." Hershel told us as he pointed at Rick and walked inside. 

"Wait! Hershel, she-Destiny, she needs medical attention!" I called up to him and followed him into the house, still carrying Destiny. 

He turned back to me and pulled me into the same room that Carl was in when he was shot and made me put her down on the bed.

"I got this, I believe you should go now." He told me and I hesitated, but left the room. 

I stood outside on the porch, watching as everyone was cleaning up the walker bodies, Praying that Destiny pulls through and my thoughts were interrupted. 

"Hey! Red Neck!" Someone hollered and I spun around glaring at the person. 

"I wanted to talk to you, I promise you, that you can stay here waiting for news about my Sisters health after this. Hell I want nothing more than to just stand here waiting too,  but... We need to talk." Dylan sighed and gestured for me to follow him. 

×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×~×
Thank you for reading, please remember to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE, Thank you.