Chapter 17: Psycho

"Time discovers Truth." -Unknown

Destiny's POV 

Hershel had agreed to allow, Rick and his group to stay, because with the walkers getting more hungry and food getting harder to find, winter will be harsh. 

"D-dad, I think I need to tell you something." Carl stuttered and I stopped what I was doing.

Intrigued at what could possibly be as important, as stopping your Dad while he was helping his camp prepare for winter. 

"Yeah, what can I do for ya buddy?" Rick asked his son as he stood, looking impatient. It is mid afternoon and right now, every minute counts, because we never know when the cold will hit. 

"It's my fault Dale's Dead." He spoke as if he had thrown that walker at Dale himself. 

"What are you talking about, of course it isn't your fault Carl. These things just happen-" Rick was trying to explain when Carl groaned. 

"No Dad, I saw that walker the day before and threw rocks at it. As I got close its leg got loose and I just ran away. The walker that killed Dale was the same walker I taunted." He concluded and had tears streaming down his face. 

I stopped listening, but watched as Rick comforted Carl and reassured him that, that would've happened anyway, it could've been anyone and that it wasn't his fault. 

I smiled and started to fold and put stuff into bags. I don't know why but my gut was telling me that I should have stuff ready, so I was carefully packing Daryl and my bags, in case we had to run. 

I had just put our bags outside our tent, when something caught my eye. Shane was 'casually' walking towards the barn, while everyone was busy doing there own things. 

He was acting shady, so being the smart person I am, I followed him. I snuck up as quietly as possible to the farm, looked through a hole in the side and watched as he let the prisoner free. 

He kept the prisoners hands clasped together, but it didn't seem like he was leaving him in the farm. 

I was right, as I watched Shane lead the prisoner out the back and towards the woods. 

My mind screamed at me to find Daryl or Rick and tell them, but I knew if I ran for one of them, that I wouldn't have the evidence needed to make him guilty. 

So I stupidly, followed him into the woods and tried to be as quiet and unseen as possible. 

The prisoner struggled to get away from Shane, but that was his last time, because they ended up rolling around and landing punches. 

I gasped as the prisoner stood up and started running. Though Shane was on his feet and running after him. 

I quietly followed after them and watched in Horror as Shane caught up to him and snapped his neck. 

I mean Jesus, I may not have trusted the guy and wanted him Dead, but that is a crappy death. 

He spun around and I plastered myself against the tree, Praying he hadn't seen me. Then all of the sudden I heard him grunt and groan. 

When I looked back around the tree, he had scraped his face down the rough bark of the tree, leaving a grotesque trail of blood and he tumbled around on the ground. 

He was staging this, to make it look as if the prisoner had actually escaped or something! This guy is more Psychotic than I originally thought. 

"HELP!" Shane hollered around, as he hobbled out of the bushes, after he hid the gun to make it look legit. "THE PRISONER ESCAPED! I WAS KNOCKED OUT!" He yelled as they neared him. 

I stayed Hidden as Daryl, Glenn and Rick rushed toward the 'injured' Shane. 

"Jesus, what happened man? Where is that little shit?" Daryl grunted and I almost snickered, because he almost sounded disgusted that Shane was taken down by a skinny guy. 

"He escaped from his shackles, somehow, hit me good, quite a few times, stole my gun and ran off." Shane explained, as if it had actually happened. 

"Come on, I think we can find him faster If we split up, he has to be around here somewhere!" Shane faked anger and frustration, as he pulled his hair and hobbled back into the woods. 

I didn't move, until I heard all of them walk by. "All right, Shane has a point, Daryl and Glenn you guys comb the woods for Randall." Rick told Daryl and Glenn. 

"Shane and I will look over here,  Remember this guy is armed and dangerous, you must kill him on site. We will meet-up back at the house, if we haven't found him."

I waited for them break away from each other, so that I could follow Rick and Shane. Mostly so, that I could intervene if needed, I was just hoping it wouldn't have to come down to that. 

Shane has lead Rick far away from the woods, out into the big open field. This worried me, because right now Daryl and Glenn are looking for a Dead guy, when they should be here helping Rick against this Psycho. 

"Carl, Lori and The baby are mine. Without you in the equation, I can have my family back." He spoke like a nut job and I knew that Rick should shoot him this very moment, before it got too dangerous. 

"They were my Family to begin with, Hell Carl is My blood, he is MY son and Lori is MY Wife. I greatly appreciate what you did to keep them-" Rick was saying until Shane raised his gun into Rick's face. 

I gasped, but stayed where I was, I have my Bow and Arrows. I don't want to kill someone, but I would if it came down to it, because Rick is a good leader. 

"You don't have to do this Shane-" Rick was trying to reason with him, but I was silently begging Rick to pull his gun out and just kill Shane, before this ended with him hurt too. 

"Pull your gun!" Shane yelled at him and pushed the tip of the gun, into Rick's chest. 

He remained fairly calm, he stood there with his hands raised and still trying to talk Shane back from this, but I knew it was too late. 

So I stepped out of my hiding spot, still going unnoticed by Shane, but not by Rick, he was silently pleading with me to back down.  

With my Bow raised and an arrow pulled back, I aimed it at Shane's head.

I let my breath go, along with it my doubts and fears, because Shane is just as bad of a guy as Randall, so I can kill him for Otis, for Patricia and for just being a dick.

I watched as the arrow lodged into his head, instantaneously killing him, I watched as his body fell to the ground and Rick stared at his now Dead 'friend'.

I still feel guilty and like an utterly horrible person, but I feel slightly better now that we have one less crazy person to deal with.