Chapter 49: Stupidity

I want to say a HUGE thanks to all my patient Readers who have LONG awaited these final chapters and sticking with me through it all. Here's to finally finishing it and here's to DestinyDoragon for helping keep me on track and stay true to Our TWD Fanfic, Enjoy!
As always please Comment, Vote and Share!!
<*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*>

"No one is really busy. It all depends on what number you are on their priority list."

*Two hours after Destiny and the Group Left*

Carl's POV:

Des, Dad and Daryl left me in charge of making sure that everyone stays inside the Prison and that they listen to Merle and Michonne while they are gone. Merle and Michonne are in charge of keeping everyone safe and inside the Prison. She didn't exactly give us one of the simpler tasks, but I was glad that she trusted me enough to have me do something this important.
I wasn't comfortable that she, Dad and Daryl were off saving Our Part of the world, because that left us with Carol, Michonne, Glenn and Merle. If there was any chance of us surviving it'd be if we ran, because there were quite a few of our people that didn't know how to defend themselves.
Not to mention that we have my baby Sister, Judith, she's completely defenseless, she also doesn't know how the world used to be and doesn't really know much about this Apocalyptic World and we'd like to keep it that way.
"Des would make a wonderful Mother, don't you think Olivia? I mean, she cares for the children, she loves them implicitly and she is completely selfless. She's got all the right traits." Lori, my Mother pointed out to Destiny's Mother Olivia, as they strolled by the first gate that kept the Walkers at bay.
"Of course she is going to be a wonderful Mother to Daryl and her Baby, I just wish they were married before she fell pregnant. I'm also surprised she hasn't noticed the signs of being pregnant yet, though that's probably because I failed to have that talk with her. One I'm going to have with her once they return from their mission." Olivia admitted and got this look in her eye that said she was proud of Destiny.
Des is pregnant... of course she's been off lately but I thought maybe it was because she was about to get her Period, she didn't have all the signs like Lori had when she was pregnant with Judith, but she had a few of them. She's been tired, moody, emotional, her sense of smell was heightened and she's been getting queasy lately, but she hasn't thrown up, at least not that I know of.
I couldn't think too much on that right now though, my foremost concern was getting Lori and Olivia back into the prison to avoid any problems, or give anyone the chance to use us against Destiny and the group.
"Mom! Olivia! You both need to be inside the Prison, no one is allowed to be outside, it's too much of a risk." I stepped forward as I held the gun to my side and they both faced me with bland expressions.
"Honey, how many times have I told you, that You shouldn't be acting like an adult, you need to be a kid and being a kid means that you listen to your mother, when she tells you that we'll be just fine. How about you head inside and stay safe with Judith and Sophia, all right Darling?" My mother condescendingly stated with a smile as she lightly shoved me toward the prison.
"I do act like a Kid, but you'd actually have to be around me to notice that and I am in charge of keeping everyone safe, so you'd both do best if you headed inside." I sneered, shook my head at my Mom and waited for her to try to be nicer, or more understanding, like Des.
"You don't speak to your mother like that, take it back right now, Young Man! Really, I thought Des was teaching you manners." Lori scoffed/ordered with a frown on her face and a hand on her hip.
"See 'Mom' that is what is wrong with our relationship Des has taught me a lot more then you ever have and ever will! Des loves Judith and I more then you do. I never have to question if she trusts me or cares about Judith and Me. Sometimes I wish she was mine and Judith's Mom and not you." I confessed, as my mom reeled back looking as though she'd been slapped and her gasp was the only sound to be heard, aside from my heavy breathing from my fierce confession.
"Tch, I feel like I'm wasting my breath, do whatever you want, because that's what you're going to do anyway but don't come crying to Merle, Hershel, I, or anyone else when you're both in trouble." I growled, shook my head at her, as I ran back into the prison, not waiting for any other words from her, or Olivia.