Chapter 44: Just Listen!

"Never speak from a place of Hate, Jealousy, Anger or Insecurity. Evaluate your words before you let them leave your lips. Sometimes it's best to be quiet." - Tony A. Gaskins JR.

Daryl's POV:

I was sittin' outside on the overturned bus, watchin' fer Des and Dylan, everyone else had come back an hour or so ago, it kind of worried me, but I didn't wanna ask anyone anythin' 'cause they'd probably just give me a lecture.
I was cleanin' my arrows, watchin' fer them, when Des and Dylan came through the gate's, that Rick had just opened fer 'em. She was carryin' three squirrels, two rabbits, while Dylan had two Squirrels and one rabbit.
"Here you go Rick, some meat for dinner and it Looks like I win Dylan, hand over that Snickers bar." She smirked, held out her hand, Palm up towards her brother with a smile of triumph on her face.
"Damn, knew I should've made impossible for you to win, fine here take it." Dylan pulled did backpack off, started rummagin' through it and finally pulled out the candy bar.
She held it in her hand, looked at it, unwrapped it and just ripped it I'm half.
"As if I'd be that cruel, you get half and I get half. However, mine goes to Carl and Sophia." She smiled, as she gave Dylan back his half, than broke her half into two's, so Carl and Sophia could have a piece.
She patted her brother on the arm, headed up the hill to the last gate, Carl and Sophia, stood there eagerly awaitin' her.
I slipped my arrows back onto the Bow, climbed down from the bus an' followed her up the hill ta see what she was up ta.
"Hey you two, did you guys behave and listen to Merle?" She asked them as she crouched down to their height and I sat down on the grass a few feet away, just outside the fence.
"Nah, they gave me hell like ya wouldn't believe." Merle spoke up and chuckled. Carl and Sophia immediately looked like kicked puppies. "Ah hell, I was jus' jokin', they did good, why Des?" Merle asked her as he leaned against the fence and she smiled.
"All right, here you go, thanks for behaving you two." She kissed their heads as she handed Sophia then Carl, her pieces of the Snickers bar.
"Wow, thank you Des, where'd you get this!" Carl asked her amazed as he tossed it into his mouth, closed his eyes and savored it.
"My Brother and I had a bet. Whoever killed the most walkers won the Snickers bar, he hit his half back and you guys got mine, I didn't really want it and I figured you two would enjoy it." Des pulled them into a hug and rubbed their heads.
She's really good with the kids, explains a lot ta them, why can't she do that with me? We both always get frustrated with each other and lately end up arguing with each other.
"Oh and ya owe me an apology Firecracker, look behind ya." Merle chuckled, as he pointed over Des's shoulder at me.
She stood up, turned around and she actually looked surprised ta see me here. "I can admit when I am wrong, so Merle, I'm sorry and thank you." She nodded at him and looked back at me again.
"Daryl, I want to speak with-" She was sayin' and I scoffed at her. I stood up, walked back down the hill and sat back on the bus.

"Hey! Damn you Daryl, I am tryin' to be civil here! Just Listen to me!" She growled and I could hear her climbin' up the bus.
"I won't let you be a Douchè-Tard Daryl Dixon!" She grumbled, then I heard her stomping towards me over the roof of the bus.
"If I wanted ta hear ya blabber on, I would've jus' sat there, so leave me alone." I Growled and sat on the chair, keepin' my back ta her.
Yeah, I wanted ta know that she was all right, but it didn' mean I wanted ta fuckin' hear her scold me.
"You've got to be fucking kidding me! Quit acting like a child! I'm done with your Shit Daryl, I've tried my best with helping you with it but I'm done with you storming off and done with your pointless yelling." She spoke in a level voice and stood in front of me with her arms crossed.
"Yer Done with My shit! Who's the one that's tryin' ta fuckin' play 'Hero', go ta Woodbury and leave me behind! Who's the one that's had enough shit huh?" I stood up, standin' nose ta nose with her and raised my voice.
"Whoa, don't do this again, Darlina--" Merle was saying when Des looked over at him, immediately silencing him with just a look, then she raised an eyebrow at him and shook her head.
"Stay outta this Merle, I started this and I will MOST certainly end it this time." Des said as she looked me. In the eye and silently challenged me.
I glanced over Ta where I'd heard Merle, only ta see him jump down off the bus and shove everyone back towards the prison.