Chapter 26: Sidelines

Here is a special update, because This episode Tonight of 'The Walking Dead' was great, am I right? I don't know if they should be getting comfortable anytime soon, I see quite a few people that remind me of Shane and the Governor(Their attitudes and stuff).
Is it me or were the last three or so episodes, pretty boring? I don't quite like all the back stories, I just wanna see them kill walkers, right? Anyway, enjoy the story, but tell me your thoughts on what I said, Laters!
*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~
"On the other side of Fear, lies Freedom." -Unknown

Destiny's POV:

"You guys get as many against the fence as possible, we'll head in while they're distracted and take as many out as we can, just be sure to close the gate when we enter." Rick reminded us and I just nodded.
I was stuck on the sidelines, while Daryl, Rick, T-Dogg, Maggie and Glenn risked their lives for us to Clear out the courtyard of the Prison.
Daryl had asked me to stay out here so that he could focus and he knew I was safe. So, being the nice girl I am, I decided to listen to him even though I was more than ready to kick ass.
"Ya kill as many of them fuckers as ya can, ya hear me Destiny and don' ya come through the fence, no matter what, 'til we tell ya it's clear." Daryl told me, as his hands framed my face and he pulled me in for a kiss.
"I understand, but just because I fell down a flight of stairs doesn't mean I can't be useful, let me help somehow please, Dare?" I asked him, as I kissed him again.
"Yer doin' what we need ya ta be doin' all ready, jus' watch our backs. I'll come back fer ya, all righ'? You're my Woman and I have to protect ya, let me at least do that." He asked me and I just nodded my head, he smirked at me, as if glad that I was listening to him.
"Come on Daryl!" Glenn called back  to us and I sighed. I grabbed the collar of his vest and made him look at me.
"You're my Man so, You'd better come back Dixon, a safe place, is nothing without you and neither am I." I admitted to him and he smirked as he rubbed my lower back. 
He kissed me one last time before he walked up to the rest of the guys. "Lets do this!" Glenn spoke almost excitedly and I was praying to every God out there, that everyone be careful.
I was barely wrapping my head around the fact that Daryl had openly called me 'His Woman' and I'm not so many words claimed me when he winked at me before rushing through the gates to fight the walker.
God damn that man really has stolen my heart and soul! I'm done, wrecked for anyone else he's my one and only, that's for sure!

"You know that Daryl is stronger on his own, than with you by his side, right Destiny?" Beth told me as she killed another walker and I glared over at her.
"I refuse to fall into your childishness, You can say what you will, but as long as Daryl wants me at his side, I will be there for him." I told her and killed two more walkers, I watched Daryl and the Group as they killed Walker after walker.
"Come on girls, is this really the time to do this? Besides Beth, you all ready know who is important to Daryl, please sweetheart, let it go." Hershel told Beth kindly.
"But Daddy-" Beth whined as she turned towards Hershel and a walker grabbed her hair. Yanking her back toward the fence and she screamed bloody murder.
I sighed, but saw Daryl look back, as if he thought it was me and I just shrugged. I killed the walker and rolled my eyes at Beth.
"Never turn your back to any walker, doesn't matter if it's behind a fence, through a pole or anything else, it will do whatever it can to eat you." I pointed a finger at her and started banging on the fence to try and lure more walkers over by us.
I watched in amazement, as Daryl and the group, all worked as a unit, to kill the walkers and took them down with such ease, how I would take them down if I could fight by their sides.
I smiled as Daryl approached me with his usual smirk and as soon as he was close enough, I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him.
"Prison's ours, all we gotta do is find our room an' we're set." He smiled at me and ran his hand through my hair, I leaned my head into his hand, glad he came back to me.
"Ya know, when I heard tha' scream, I though' it was ya an' when I saw it was Beth I jus' went back ta work, she was in good hands." Daryl smirked and winked at me.
"Speaking of Beth, she kind of pointed something out to me earlier, it wasn't something I really wanted to hear, but she had a point." I mumbled and he nuzzled my cheek with his nose.
"Spit it out Des." He whispered, as he nuzzled his face into my neck, almost as if, trying to distract me and I smirked.
"She said that you're stronger on your own, than with me by your side..." I told him what she said and I felt his body tense up.
"Are Ya leaven me then." He stated more than asked me as he stepped back, looking as cold and detached as he did when I first met him. It actually kind of worried me that he thought so little of him self and that I would leave him.
"No, of course not, but it makes sense, I am always being so needy with you. I need to let go of what is making me feel this way and I can stand by your side, as an equal, not as a needy freak." I spoke fast, needing to get it out before I changed my mind.
"Ya jus' need ta figure some stuff out an' what?" He asked me still looking cold and drawn back, as if he thought this was a different way for a break up.
"You thick headed, Idiot. Get it through your skull, I will NEVER leave you, I just need to let go of some of my issues and I can come back to be an equal by your side." I told him glaring at him and shaking my head.
"humph, whatever." He shrugged his shoulders and Stomped into the prison.
"We're not done with this Dare!" I yelled at his back and ran a hand through my hair frustrated with myself and the situation.
Though it was fine with me, it gives me some time to let go of whatever it is, that I am blaming myself for, so that I can quit being so needy with Daryl.
*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~
I hope you enjoyed the story update. :D sorry about the kind of filler and short update, but it has a purpose, I swear. ;D Let me know what you thought of the chapter. Laters!