Chapter 15: Torment

"Hope is the only thing, stronger  than fear." -President Snow (Hunger games Triligy) 

Destiny's POV:

Rick took in some outsider who had tried to kill Glenn and him, when they were on a run, I believe they said that the kids name was Randall? 

It was an on going debate, on whether or not to kill him, or just drop him off somewhere, far away from here. 

I was on Daryl's side, because I know that he knows this new world, a lot better than the rest of us. He has decided to side with Rick, in killing this guy.

Though the far too kind hearted old man named Dale, he seems to believe that we shouldn't kill him, but Rick, Daryl and Shane are going to execute him, tonight. 

I sat on the porch of the house, my wound still hurt like hell, but it was bare able, I was just waiting to hear the gun shot, but it never came. 

Just as Daryl and the guys came back to the house, we heard something that made my blood run cold.

I was out of my seat and running head first, toward the anguished yell of Dale, even though running, was the worst idea for me right now. 

I had my Knife raised and when I got there, there was a walker ripping open Dale. I was horrified for a second, but quickly recovered, stabbed the walker and shoved it off of Dale.

"Help! Get Hershel!" I screamed to. Anyone, as I knelt beside this old guy, who didn't deserve this death. 

"They didn't kill him, they didn't kill the kid Dale." Andrea whimpered as she held his hand and I moved away. I didn't belong here, I didn't know this guy, but I pitied him. 

I didn't hear anything else that was said, but I did see Daryl step in front of Rick, silently telling him 'I got this'. "I'm sorry Brother." I had heard Daryl say to Dale, before he shot Dale In the head with his Crossbow. 

I was upset that something had happened to Dale, I thought our farm was safe from these ugly Walkers. 

Everyone who knew the guy was crying for their loss, but I was crying because I knew the inner Torment that Daryl was going through and what a horrible way for him to die.

Daryl pulled the arrow out of his head and stalked off. I know that I should give him some space, but he did comfort me in my time of pain, seems only right that I try to comfort him. 

Daryl stood outside his tent and when I arrived he had just punched a tree. I sighed and walked right up to him, immediately holding his hands and staring up at him, since he had a good six inches on Me.

He yanked his hand back and leaned against a tree. "What are ya doin' here, I don' need ya and I didn' ask ya to invade my space." He spoke coldly. 

His southern accent heavy because of his emotions, but I knew that he was only lashing out at me, because he was hurt, it was his survival mechanism. 

"I am returning a favor, you comforted me, now it's my turn." I smiled at him and he scoffed. 

"As if I need yer comfortin', go play house, somewhere else, kid." He scoffed at me and I shook my head. 

"Please Daryl, It's going to take a lot more than that to make me go away. I won't leave you alone after that-" I was saying.

When he slammed his hands on either side of my head, pinning me against the tree with his stare and was so close I could see the pain in his eyes. 

"Quit followin' me 'round like sum lost puppy, I all ready have 'nough issues. I don' need ta add yers ta and I ain't yer Dad, fix yer problems, 'fore ya try ta fix mine." He glared down at me and I frowned at him. 

I wasn't going to lie, that hurt, I wanted to run away and cry; but I wasn't about to leave Daryl and prove his point about everyone leaving him, no matter how much his words hurt. 

Instead I raised my arms, he flinched, but I wrapped my arms around him and laid my head on his chest. 

He tensed up and tried to push me away but I wouldn't budge. This is one thing, that I am a pro at, I give the best hugs, so Dylan says. 

Finally he just dropped his arms to the side and grunted. "I may not know you, or your story but I don't abandon people who are kind to me." I explained to him, I looked up while still hugging him. 

"So please, let me help you Dare, I enjoy being around you... even though most of the time I am doing most of the talking, or that it's usually quiet. I know that there is a reason for you keeping your distance and not talking much." I told him as I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek. 

After my speech, he ended up ordering me to stay in his tent with him, because he claimed 'it would be to risky to head back to the house this late of Night'.

So, I was laying next to him, we were sharing his sleeping bag, but I used his chest as a pillow. I was having a hard time at keeping my hands where they are appropriate, because he was just too sexy. 

"Why were ya cryin' earlier?" Daryl finally spoke and I smiled as I clenched and unclenched my hand over his heart. 

"I was pissed that I hadn't gotten there sooner and saved poor Dale, no one deserves that Kind of end." I sighed and I felt him tense. 

It was quiet again for a good five minutes before I decided to ask Daryl something that has been nagging at me for a while. 

"So, why do you drive that motorcycle and why wear that vest? Does it hold some sort of special meaning?" I asked three questions and He just grunted. 

"Yer a curious one, ain't ya?" He sighed and when I looked up at him, he had an eyebrow raised and was rubbing his forehead. 

"The bike was my Brothers, Merle, he would've hated ta leave it anywhere, so I decided ta take care of it, till he comes back." He explained to me. 

"Ya see, nobody can kill Merle except Merle, he is a tough son of a bitch." Daryl concluded and I nodded my head, sounds like my older Brother, Dylan. 

"The vest, 'If I got rid of my demons, I'd lose my Angels', That is the only meaning behind the vest." He concluded and I smiled. 

It might not seem like much, but that was a whole hellva lot of talking from Daryl. 

"Thank you Dare, I fully expected you to not answer me, but you did and that means a lot coming from you, so... thank you." I told him and started to nod off. 

"You should try to keep yer distance from me, I ain't a good guy." He scoffed and his breathing evened out. 

We both fell asleep, knowing that we had opened up significantly to one another and could trust that either one of us, wouldn't say anything to anyone about this. 

×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×
Thank you for all of you reading and please do remember to COMMENT, VOTE & SHARE!