Chapter 18: Hell In A Hand Basket

"Sometimes you just have to turn around, Give a little smile, throw the match and burn that bridge."
-Unknown

Destiny's POV:

Carl looked at me, then looked at Shane and he looked at me, like I was a bad guy or something. 

"No, wait Carl he was-" I was trying to explain to him, but he just shook us head and hugged his Dad. 

"Come on, we better head back and tell everyone." Rick sighed and motioned me to follow, as he held Carl close. 

I walked up to the now Dead Shane, pulled the arrow from his head and caught up to Rick and Carl. 

"Carl I am so sor-" I was saying to him, when We heard it, the sound of tons of Walkers. I gasped, grabbed Ricks hand and started running toward the house. 

"Were not gonna make it!" Rick yelled, as the walkers were almost surrounding us. "The barn! Head for the barn!" He commanded and we all went running toward the barn. 

I was worried about my family, The Greene's, Mom, Dylan, Faith and Father, even though he was an ass to me. We're they handling themselves, did they get hurt? 

Thoughts like that swarmed through my mind, but I knew I couldn't worry about it too much right now, because we needed to get to safety ourselves. 

"Now what!" Carl asked sounding scared and I didn't blame him, because I was feeling the same way, but I don't have the luxury of letting it get to me. 

"We can start the barn on fire, maybe try and get more of the Walkers over here, so that everyone at the house can get out safely." I spoke fast, as I pulled out my hunting knife and started killing walkers as we talked. 

"Okay, Carl grab those jugs and start pouring it by the entrance and everywhere." Rick commanded Carl, as we covered him, While he spread the gasoline all over. 

I was the Last one up the ladder and watched as Carl and Rick each dropped a match, to start the Barn on fire. The thought occurred to me earlier, how are we supposed to escape? 

Rick grabbed my hand and pulled both Carl and I out of the window, we landed on the RV that Dale use to drive. 

Though it sounded like the guy who was driving it now, was being eaten and was as good as dead. 

"T-That was Jimmy!" Carl sounded horrified and I just couldn't afford to let myself feel any pain of losing anyone yet, because I know that we probably all ready have lots of casualties. 

Before Rick or Carl, could say anything, I jumped down off the RV, onto the dirt and started taking out walkers, if Jimmy' Dead then what about Patrica, or Mom, Faith, no, no one else is going to die, not if I can help It! 

"Go on, you guys go to the house, I will lead as many away from you as possible!" I Yelled up to them and went running along the fence. 

I saw Lori, Maggie, Beth and Patricia running for a vehicle. I veered off my path and headed towards them. 

Though, when I was close enough I watched in horror as Patricia was eaten alive, with Beth still holding onto the dying ladies hand, hysterically crying and trying to beg for her back; yeesh how delusional! 

Without a second thought, I hurled myself at Beth, yanked her hand out of Patricia's grasp and literally shoved her toward Lori. 

"TAKE HER OUT-" I was yelling at Lori, while I took out more walkers. 

"-OF HERE! HURRY, I'LL HELP Hershel AND WHO EVER ELSE, GO!" I told them and plowed back through the increasing crowd of Walkers. 

This is 'Hell in a Hand Basket' as Dad would say. I spun around and looked around and saw my Dad, Dylan, Rick and Carl, fighting beside Hershel. 

I let out a sigh of relief, but then I was wondering where Mom and Faith were. I ran to their sides and helped them take down more walkers, but this was pointless. 

"Hersh, this is pointless, we are wasting more ammo than necessary, we need to leave!" I tried to reason with him and pulled out my knife. 

I was taking down walkers with my Knife when I remembered that I had packed our backpacks, I also saw two other backpacks, outside a tent not too far away from Daryls. 

They all had sleeping bags attached and I couldn't stop myself from heading towards them, it might put me in a sticky situation, but they all have stuff we need. 

I wasted no time in grabbing the backpacks from infront of Daryl's and my tent, quickly taking out walkers as quietly as possible and headed towards the last two backpacks, that were only ten or fifteen feet away. 

Damn these are heavy! I went running to them only to be cut off by four Walkers staring hungrily at me. 

I raised my knife, ran at them, knocking them down and ended up falling onto my knees in front of the bags. 

I quickly grabbed them and ran back towards the guys. "Get outta here!" Dad yelled at me, as the walkers started to close in on us.

I shook my head at him, ran to his side and continued to take out walkers, Praying we got out of here and to safety soon. 

"I ain't leaving without you! Faith, Dylan and Mom need you! Come on!" I told him, as Rick, Carl and Hershel ran at the last available Vehicle. 

Dylan pulled on my shoulder, took two of the backpacks and went running where Rick and them went. He knew I wasn't going to leave Dad, even though Dad was a horrible Dad, to me at least. 

Dad sighed, grabbed my upper arm and shoved me into a walker, while he pulled one backpack off of me and went running to the safety of the vehicle. 

"Dad! You Ass-Hole!" I screamed at him as I killed the walker and watched him run to the vehicle, but more walkers started to surround me.  

I broke free from the walkers and tried to head toward the Vehicle, but it was all ready leaving, it didn't matter what I did, I was alone.

×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×~×~*~×

Thank you for reading, please remember to:

VOTE

COMMENT

&

SHARE!