Chapter 4: Flashback

The picture above or on the side is of Monica Bellucci As Olivia Jameson (Mother of: Dylan, Adam, Destiny and Faith. She is wife to Lucas Jameson.)
Final Shout out to @Casey-Louise_x The perfect cover, if you need a great cover just ask that Amazing Wattpader. ;D
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Just when you think, that you've escaped the one thing that has plagued you since it happened, it creeps back into your conscious." -Destinywriter94

Destiny's POV:

I got into my room, changed into my sleep clothes and fell into bed. My eyes slowly fluttering closed and falling into a dream realm, Praying that, that same nightmare wouldn't happen again tonight.

*Flashback, before the apocalypse*

I was out in the yard, playing on the trampoline with Maggie, Adam, Dylan, Faith, Beth and Jimmy.

Maggie was 20 Years old, Adam was 19 years old, Faith was 16 years old, Dylan was 21 years old, Beth was 18 years old, Jimmy was 18 years old and I was 20 years old.

"I'm bored, isn't there something else we can do?" Adam groaned as he climbed off the trampoline and I just rolled my eyes at him.

"I think I'm going to try and find Dad, see if I can hunt with him." Adam shrugged his shoulders at us and I laughed.

"Yeah, good luck Ad, he loves his time to himself, but you can try." I snickered and continued bouncing around.

Maggie pulled Beth down as she fell and we were all laughing, but I watched as Adam left, not feeling so sure about him just trying to find Dad.

He seemed pretty down lately and I felt like he shouldn't be by himself. I thought about it a minute or so longer, watching as he got further away, okay fine.

"Hey Maggie watch Dylan and Faith for me, will you?" I asked her as I climbed off the trampoline and went running after Adam, not even waiting for a response.

I had almost caught up to him and I smiled. "Hey Ad! What's got you down in the dumps lately, you can talk to me." I smiled and draped my arm over his shoulder, feeling like it was the sister like thing to do.

"I asked Beth out..." Was all Adam had mumbled as he picked up a twig and played with it.

"Oh wow, really! I didn't even know you had a crush on her." I teased him and playfully punched his shoulder.

Only to get a frown from Adam and I pinched the bridge of my nose, I am horrible with helping people with there feelings, but this is my Brother and he seems pretty down.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. In all seriousness, what happened, did it not go right?" I asked him and he just shrugged as we continued walking through the beautiful forest.

"She just stood there, for about five minutes then hugged me, told me she was sorry and walked away... " He explained to me and I forced myself to stay next to him, instead of running back and shaking some sense into her.

"I-I don't know what I did wrong, I was polite and even told her she didn't have to feel the same way." Adam spoke his voice shaking and I almost punched a tree.

I hated to heat anyone so tornado my Brother looked as if He couldn't even live with himself anymore.

"Look Adam, It happens to the best of us, we can't always end up with our first Love, please don't take this too hard, we all love you." I tried my best to explain it to him.

"Did you ever get turned down?" He asked me, putting me on the spot.

"Well, no but I don't really like anyone but my family and friends. It just seems like falling for someone gets to messy, emotionally." I looked up to the sky trying to not feel as Awkward as I was feeling, having this conversation was not something I thought was going to happen.

"So I am trying to avoid all of that, but don't listen to what I do. I am just a screw up." I tried to laugh it off but I knew how Mom and Dad felt about me not having a boyfriend or being pregnant yet, but I wasn't ready for that.

"But Des, your so pretty, you could literally have any guy you want, actually a few guys in my class are talking about asking you out, but they are scared because anyone that does ask you out... Well they tend to get turned down." Adam smiled and I just blushed.

"Okay, jeez enough about me, I thought we were trying to solve your problems, Little Brother. So, maybe next time don't ask, just pull her toward you and kiss her, like a man." I was telling him stuff that I would want a dude to do, if they thought they liked me.

"Almost every woman loves that, or try to write her a poem. I don't know, Watch a romantic movie and steal some ideas from it." I instructed him and he just smiled as he playfully shoved me and we continued walking aimlessly.

"You know, I want to go to Seattle Washington one day, just to see what it's like-" I was talking and I thought that Adam was beside me, but when I looked he wasn't there.

I looked behind me and about ten feet away was Adam, he was picking a pretty Pink flower. I smiled and leaned against a tree.

"There, This is for Beth. She likes pink and Flowers, so this might make her recon-" He was saying when he yelled out.

I pushed away from the tree, looking back towards Adam, only to see that something Human like was biting his shoulder and blood was running down his blue plaid shirt.

I screamed in Horror, while Adam was still yelling in pain, trying to get thetthing off of him.

"DADDY! MOMMY! HELP, SOMEONE!" I yelled out as I charged at the thing and wrestled it off of Adam and was stuck holding it off of me.

When suddenly something protruded from the skull, coming far to close to my face, then I am comfortable with and the human thing drooped against me dead.

I whimpered and looked over to my Brother. "Adam! Oh god Adam, are you okay, did you Kill it?" I asked him, he nodded his head and leaned against a tree breathing heavily as he grasped his shoulder.

"Hehe, what would've happened to you, had I not been here, huh Sis? And your the Older one eh, I beg to differ." Adam chuckled and groaned as he tried to stop the bleeding.

Finally I shoved the thing off of me and climbed to my feet. I pulled Adam off his butt and draped his arm over my shoulder.

We made our way home, everyone rushing towards us, Dad quickly grabbed Adam into his arms and went running to Hershels.

I started following when He turned back to me and looked away. "No, you stay here, I have this." Was all he said and I knew he was disgusted with me.

I stayed back but I worried about Adam, I knew I should've paid more attention to him, but he was just picking a Flower.

I held the Flower that he had picked for Beth and looked down at it, Praying to any God out there that Adam be all right and come home.

Adam didn't return that night, Only Dad did and Dad never looked at me the same way. The very next Day, I shoved the flower in Beth's hands and told her that, that was the only piece of Adam she would ever have.

*End of Flashback*

Lately, has been the worst nights sleep I have gotten in a long while, I have been having that same nightmare for a few days now.

I was trying figure out if it meant something or if I was reading into it too much. Either way, I would be happy if that day would've stayed in the very back of my mind, forever.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Thank you for reading, I have done a special update, just because it's the holiday Season. Please remember to COMMENT, VOTE and SHARE. HAPPY Holidays!