Chapter 19: Survivor

"F-E-A-R has two meanings:
'Forget Everything And Run' or
'Face Everything And Rise'. 
The Choice is all yours." -Zig Ziglar 

Destiny's POV:

I screamed in frustration, pulled out my katana and started killing Walker, after walker. 

After a while, I got bored of killing them, so I smeared some of there blood on me and headed to the abandoned tents to scavenge. 

I had found more blankets, Sleeping bags, pillows, clean clothes and disassembled the tents. I had slowly moved all the stuff I had found into the house. 

Next was to find a vehicle, because all of this stuff couldn't be carried. Though, maybe I should scavenge the house first, to be sure I find a big enough vehicle. 

I quietly closed the front door of the house, crept around with my hunting knife raised as I checked the four rooms on the bottom floor. 

It was empty, then I heard movement upstairs, I took a deep breath and stealthily made my way upstairs. 

There are five bedrooms and two bathrooms, lots of places to hide up here. I checked my room, since it was the closest to the stairs, it was empty, as was my closet. 

Next was Faith's room, which was next to mine, I was worried about this one, because I didn't want to see my Sister Dead or worse yet, a walker. 

My hand was shaking as I reached for the knob and slowly opened it. I let out a shaky breath of relief and checked around. 

Next was Mom and Dad's room, this was another one, that I was a little apprehensive about. 

Still, I opened the door and was surprised to see my Sister and Mom hiding behind the bed. 

I covered my mouth as tears fell down my face and I rushed over to them. "Holy shit! I thought you guys escaped or worse..." I whispered and pulled them into a hard hug. 

"Okay, as glad as I am to have found you two, I need you two too gather anything in this house that is useful and pile it by the door." I told them as I headed to the door and wanted to find a vehicle to transport us in. 

"Des, this place is surrounded by walkers! If we move or make a noise then we're screwed!" Faith whisper yelled and I just rolled my eyes. 

"Then you'd best not make ANY noise, come on, I will be doing the most dangerous part anyway." I sighed and headed down stairs. 

"You guys need to use a knife, or something sharp enough to kill a walker, in case I am not here to help you, no guns you hear me." I told them pointedly looking at Faith. 

"It makes noise which will make the walkers stay longer than necessary." I told them as I stood by the front door and Mom nodded her head at me. 

"I got this Des, you do what your gonna do, but for the love of God, do it carefully, I don't know if I can mourn another child." Mom told me and I nodded as I head outside towards the RV. 

I stood on the porch a Moment, to observe how badly our land was infested, There were lots of Walkers, but they were still busy staring at the fire. 

So, I cautiously made my way over to Dale's RV, killing the walkers that had eaten Jimmy, Beth's boyfriend. Sadly, Jimmy had become a Walker, so I had to kill him too. 

Once that messy buisness was taken care of, I tossed the bodies out and started the RV, with the keys that were on Jimmy's body. I closed the door on the RV and turned it towards the house. 

I parked it right in front of the steps, so that we could quickly toss all of the stuff we gathered into it and avoid being detected by the walkers. 

Once I had climbed out of the RV and stood on the porch, I noticed a few walkers headed towards me. 

I waited until they were an arms length away and sliced there heads off. I headed inside to see a big pile of bags. 

"Okay, I will start loading these, you guys can organize these later, keep getting the important stuff, we should leave soon." I told them and started to load all of the scavenged stuff into the RV. 

I had found two full jugs of fuel, next to the house, Don't know why it was there, but I wasn't complaining. I hurriedly placed it up by the passanger side and made sure we were full of fuel. 

We had all of the scavenged stuff loaded into the RV, now all we had to do, was load ourselves inside the RV and get going. 

"Come on, we are wasting time, I think we can still catch up to the group!" I whispered to them and motioned for them to get in. 

"Careful, it stinks of walker, but it's the only vehicle that'll fit all of this and the three of us comfortably." I warned them, as they climbed in and Faith looked like she was going to throw up.  

I laughed, as Mom closed the door  and started to organize all of the bags so that we could live semi comfortably on here if we had to, in case we didn't find the group. 

I put the RV into drive and headed down the dirt driveway to the main 

road. "So where are we going then Des?" Faith sighed as she started to draw on a tablet next to her. 

"I don't know, but my gut is telling me to head east and take back roads." I told her and watched the compass turn to East, as I turned down a back road and prayed that we found the group soon. 

"Did your Father and Dylan make it out safely?" Mom asked me, my knuckles turned white, with how hard I was gripping the steering wheel. 

"Yeah, he pushed me into a hoard of walkers, so that he'd live, then took a backpack off of me and climbed into the safety of the vehicle with Dylan, Rick, Carl and Hershel." I told Mom, feeling the pain of being left for Dead, all over again. 

"He left me for Dead, to save his sorry ass, if he thinks he can stick with the group and I won't tell them, then he is more stupid than  a Walker." I snorted and tried to calm myself down. 

"Oh god, I am so sorry! I knew he disliked you, but I never thought he would be so cruel." Mom whispered and I thought I heard a sniffle. 

"I'd tell you it's fine but, then I'd be lying... I'm sorry Mom, but you need to know, even if he is my Father, he is a Danger to the group,  he can't stay with the group, as specially when he was willing to sacrifice his own daughter to survive." I told her and knew how cold that sounded. 

"I understand... Whatever happens, happens, I won't try to stop anything." Mom sighed and I nodded as I continued to drive. 

"Your my little Survivor, thank you for saving us." Mom whispered as she kissed my head and sat beside me. 

*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*×~×
Thank you to everyone reading, please remember to:

VOTE
COMMENT
&
SHARE!

THANK YOU!LOVE YOU MY DW's!