Chapter 38: Problem

"An honest enemy, is always better than a friend who lies, pay less attention to what people say and more attention to what they do. Their actions, will show you the truth."
-Unknown

Daryl's POV:

Thor and I had gotten back ta the prison, jus' 'fore the sun set and when I walked in Lori was tryin' ta get Lil Ass-kicker ta calm down.

I handed Carol the Squirrel, I managed ta catch four and rinsed my hands off. Thor barked and started ta Chase his tail, Carol laughed and I just shrugged.

"Where's Des?" I asked Carol, as I shook my hands off ta dry 'em and she just shook her head, whilst rolling her eyes.

"Merle was bein' an ass to me again, She took him back to your guys room, oh about... Ten minutes ago?" She sighed as she pulled the game, off of the strings, that I used to secure the game, that I catch.

"You know, She is pretty good with him, he has been a bit better to all of us...Maggie said that she heard them talking before and that Destiny talks his ear off, Until he listens." Carol laughed and started to prepare the Squirrel, for Dinner tonight.

I strode 'ver ta Lori and took Judith from 'er. 'er cries immediately went down and I held her ta my chest.

"Yeah, that's right, jus' relax... How's my Lil' Ass-kicker, huh?" I murmured to her and she stopped crying and I smirked.

"Sumtime's ya jus' gotta talk ta 'er and rock 'er a bit, works every time fer Des." I told Lori, as Judith giggled and 'er little hands reached fer me.

"Oh isn't that precious, just too cute." I heard Maggie say to someone and a weird shutter noise.

"Glenn, if ya took a picture, ya'd bes' burn it 'fore I git 'ver there." I warned him and started ta hand Lil Ass-kicker back ta Lori.

"Nope! This pic is officially mine, CLAIMED!" Des laughed as she took it, slipped it inta her bra and winked at me.

Lori took Lil Ass-kicker from me, laughing and thanking me. I nodded my head at 'er and walked over ta Des.

"Fine, bu' no one's ta see it, aside from ya, ya 'ear me?" I told her, as I let my hands rest on her hips.

"Course I do, this is my little piece of happiness and the rest of my happiness is right in front of me." She smiled, winked and pulled me down by the collar of my vest, fer a kiss.

Des and I were on Walker watch tonight, we were just walkin' by the weak part of the fence, when I heard Des gasp and her flash light was focused on something in front of her.

"Daryl, someone or someone's feeding the walkers!" She whispered and I stepped beside her, ta look at what she was talkin' 'bout and saw half eaten mice laying in a pile by the fence.

"Fuckin' perfec', We need ta tell Rick so he can start lookin' fer the one's that's doin' that." I shook my head and glared at the pile of rats.

"Yeah, we will, lets just wait until our shift change though." She patted my shoulder, as she pocketed sumthin', I walked beside Des, wonderin' who'd be stupid 'nough ta feed walkers and wha' the hell she put in 'er pocket.

"I just noticed that your wearing a long sleeve shirt, it's kind of disappointing, because I love to look at your arms." Des smiled and bit her lip.

"Quit bitin' Yer lip, it's distractin'." I told her and my voice was huskier than usual.

Her bitin' 'er lip like that, makes me want 'er in our bed and ta fuck her, till she can't move. That's why I don't want her ta bite her lip, it's that distractin'.

"All right you two, go back to your room and have some fun between the sheets already." Maggie laughed, as she took Des's flashlight and crowbar.

"Yeah Yeah, your just jealous that it's not you. Besides, you and Glenn that can get it on, up in the tower, if you don't wanna walk." Des teased her right back, I handed Glenn my Patrol stuff.

Des and I headed back to the prison. I intertwined our fingers and we walked in silence the rest of the way to the prison.

On our way ta our room, I saw Merle standing in front of Carol's room, he hadn't noticed us, or jus' didn't care, either way, he wasn't talkin' he was just standing in front of her.

He wasn't bein' his asshole self, he wasn' even tryin' ta touch her 'inappropriately' as Maggie and Beth would say, Des would jus' say he was bein' a 'pervert'.

Des giggled and shook her head, but, did a fist pump to the sky action. I raised an eyebrow at her and she just shook her head, motioning for us to continue up ta our room.

Des had changed from her dirty clothes, inta shirt o' mine ta sleep in. I was already layin' down on the bed, just holdin' Thor, when he rolled off my abdomen and ran over to Des.

"He was hungry and thirsty, I would've thought someone would've fed him...Oh well he's fed now...man I am tired." Des mumbled and fell into bed beside me.

"I guess the kids 'ere ta busy playin' with him... Wha' was that earlier?" I asked 'er, wonderin' Why she'd be that excited fer Merle.

"Oh... I hope he doesn' kill me fer tellin' ya...MERLELIKESCAROL!" Des hurriedly spoke and I hadn't even understood the Damn'd jumbled mess, that she called speakin'.

"Wha' the hell does 'Me like scroll', have ta do wit' Merle?" I scoffed and shook my head, still tryin' ta figure out what the hell she said.

"Ugh, no! Not 'Me like scroll'! Damn it...Merle. Likes. Carol." She growled low, pronounced each word slowly and looked 'round as if waitin' fer sumone ta come out and attack her or sumthin'.

"Huh, I don't believe ya, Yer just tired let's get sum rest." I sighed and pulled her into me, relishin' the smell of her.

"Fine, whatever but we gotta tell Rick 'bout the half eaten rats..." She mumbled, as she fell asleep and I kissed her head 'fore I fell asleep ta.

*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*
Thank you to Everyone reading, I appreciate it. :D
Remember to VOTE & COMMENT!