Chapter 25: Diamond In The Rough

"Everything you ever wanted, is on the other side of fear." -George Addair

Destiny's POV:

We had cleared out the walkers in the first gate, but the bigger obstacle was going to be clearing out the walkers behind the second Gate.

"All the Walkers here, were prison inmates and Guards. This place must've fallen early, it could still hold a large supply cache." Rick concluded and I nodded my head in agreement, as I looked at the dead walkers, noticing his observation.

"I'm going to need someone, quiet and stealthy to jump the fence and close the main gate into the prison, for now our main focus is clearing the second Gate area." Rick told us and I knew right then and there, that I was the most capable one.

"Whoever does volunteer, will have all of us watching your back-" Rick was saying and I knew that if anyone else were to do it, they'd screw it up.

So, before anyone could say differently, I pulled the clip, to close the main gate, from Rick's hand, climbed the fence and jumped down onto the other side drawing my Sword and killing walkers as they came to close.

"Damn' it Des!" Daryl yelled and I heard Running, yelling and banging, but I continued to take down walker after walker.

Though I felt, more than saw, a Bullet whiz past my head and heard it Lodge into something, more than likely, a walkers skull.

I nodded my head up at Daryl and whoever else was watching my back, as I continued to trudge up to the main gate.

Finally, after what felt like hours later of killing walkers and escaping their hungry mouths, I had gotten the main gate closed and had to clear out the second tower.

I took a deep breath and opened the door, fully expecting the three walkers that had stumbled out. I killed one of them, but the other two were killed before I had the chance to kill them, Daryl.

I sighed and headed into the tower. When I was. halfway up the stairs a walker that I hadn't noticed until too late stumbled down the stairs, I had nowhere to go.

I was running back down the stairs but ended up rolling with it, while it was trying to bite me. I screamed in pain, as my body hit the stairs hard and tried to shove it off, but it seemed like we were rolling forever.

When I had finally reached the bottom, the walker had an arrow through it's skull, before it had another chance to bite at me.

"Wha' the Fuck were ya thinkin'! Ya coulda gotten yerself killed!" Daryl yelled at me as he pulled the walker off of me and the arrow out of the walkers skull.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted a safe place for us to all stay... Fuck! I think I might've bruised myself real good." I moaned and struggled to get to my feet, Daryl slipped his arm around my waist and pulled me up, with little to no effort.

"The Damn'd walker came tumbling down the stairs, I didn't have anywhere to go, I was running down the stairs, but as you can tell, that ended real well for me." I growled in pain, because I could feel every part of my body that had hit the stairs.

"Ya could've let anyone else do what ya did, instead ya had ta be the hero, don' scare me like that ever again." He told me as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

Daryl had finished checking the second tower and it turned out that there was one more walker in there.

I had watched as Rick, Glenn, Daryl, Dylan and T-Dogg pulled the Vehicles inside the fence. While Maggie, Beth, Mom, Faith and Carol moved the walker bodies against the fence.

Hershel and Lori sat with Carl, Sophia and I, because apparently, once you fall down half a flight of stairs, you instantly become a liability or an invalid.

"Are you and Daryl going to get married and have lots of babies?" Sophia asked me and I sat there feeling at a loss for words.

"Who knows, maybe one day..." I told her while smiling, I heard Carl gag and groan.

"What's up with you little man?" I laughed at him and he just rolled his eyes. I smiled, grabbed his arm, pulled him to Me and gave him a good 'noogie' as Dylan would call it.

Daryl's POV:

We had just finished moving the Vehicles inside the gates of the prison and I was only ten feet away from Des, when Sophia asked a question, that I worried about Des or I ever thinking about. 

"Are you and Daryl going to get married and have lots of babies?" Sophia asked and I stood there, mouth suddenly dry, heart racing, mind not quite functioning, awaiting her answer.

"Who knows, maybe one day..." Des told Sophia, her voice sounding like she was smiling and lost in thought, I heard Carl gag and groan.

"What's up with you little man?" Des laughed at him and he just rolled his eyes. She smiled, grabbed his arm, pulled him to her and gave him a good 'noogie'.

She was a wonderful girl, I think I'd be the luckiest man alive to have her forever and have children with her... But would it be right ta bring children inta world like this?

It didn't matter what I thought, we haven't even gotten that far to even think about that kind of serious stuff.

Besides, who would wanna be with me fer the rest of their life, she doesn't even know the darker parts of me...what if she decides She can't handle me, or gets bored of me and my Moodiness?

"It looks like we got a Diamond in the rough guys, but with some hard work and perseverance, we'll be able to call this place home." Rick smiled as he sat down beside Carl, interrupting my dark thoughts, but kept his distance, from Lori.

"Tomorrow we will work our way into the prison and hopefully, make this our home." Rick told us and I was finally able to get my limbs to work, as I sat down beside Des.

I kissed her on the lips and let my hand rest on her thigh. She was mine, Whether I spoke it aloud or not, this girl who was so kind, innocent and outspoken.

She made me let go of my feelings, she was mine and I wasn't ever going to let anything happen to her, if I could help it and if she'd quit playin' hero all the damn'd time anyway.

*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~*~*~×~
Thank you to all of my lovely Readers and New Followers. I never thought this story would get 1.05K reads and 70 Votes.
Shout out to ALL of my Readers and Fans.