♡ i'm sorry 2 || kim doyoung

I'M SORRY 2 

"She's been like that ever since we brought her in with the patient. We checked her for injuries, but there's nothing. I'm guessing she saw the whole thing and is in shock."

The nurse explained everything to Hyunsuk, who nodded as he listened intently. When he arrived at the hospital, you hadn't uttered a word and just stared at the floor, completely in your world. Now that he spoke to a nurse, he figured why you were distant — you were just in shock.

Hyunsuk took a breath, slowly approaching you as he sat next to you. You refused to get up for the last two hours, sitting in your bloodied blue dress as the accident replayed in your head over a hundred times. Just thinking about the severity made you dizzy as thoughts of Doyoung not making it filled your head.

He can't leave me. Not like this. Not at all. Doyoung can't leave me.

"Y/N! Y/N!" Hyunsuk shook you by the shoulders, snapping you out of your thought process. Your heart clenched, and the tears didn't stop running down your face.

You were crying out your heart and didn't even realise it.

"It's a-all my fault, Hyunsuk," you mumbled, sobbing uncontrollably as you explained everything to him. "I didn't g-get the invitation, and we w-went back, and then ... Doyoung!" You cried hysterically, shaking at the thought of your boyfriend dying because of your carelessness.

"Everything happens for a reason, Y/N. Maybe this was for the best," Hyunsuk stated, causing your eyes to widen as you glared at him through your tears.

"Do you even hear yourself?!"

"Hear me out. You and I both know how scared Doyoung gets about you, right? Just imagine if you were the one inside, and Doyoung was in your place." The male looked at you as your mind wandered to consider the situation. "You can't tell me that this isn't a better situation. Doyoung would be literally dead if he was in your position. He won't be able to keep his calm and would've definitely gone mad by now. You have the strength to stay strong for the both of you, but Doyoung doesn't."

Your grip on Hyunsuk's hand tightened, and he realised he was right. "I'm scared too, Hyunsuk. I'm terrified." Your words came out in a whisper as he wiped away your tears. "If anything happens to him, I don't know what I'd do."

"He's going to be fine, Y/N. We just have to wait for a bit more." Hyunsuk pulled you into a hug, letting you cry on his shoulder as you two waited outside the operation theatre.

Please be okay, Doyoung.

***

After three painful hours, the operation was done — and a success too. The doctors could stop Doyoung's internal bleeding, take care of his external wounds and had wrapped his left arm in a cast.

You had fallen asleep after a lot of crying, and Hyunsuk rested you on his lap, letting you sleep peacefully. The nurse from before came and informed Hyunsuk about the surgery after seeing how you were asleep on his lap. Almost every night-duty staff had heard you crying, and felt sympathetic, understanding how you must've felt in the situation.

As the nurse left, Hyunsuk contemplated on letting you sleep or waking you up. Doyoung was conscious, so he went with the latter, patting your head as he tried to wake you.

"Y/N, the surgery is over and Doyoung is conscious. Everything is alright." Those two phrases were like blessings sent to you and you shot up from your place, eyes widened in shock as you heard them.

"Wait, what?!"

"Yeah, the doctor said we can talk to Doyoung," he informed, and you didn't need to hear those words twice.

You stood from your place and rushed to the nearest room, where Doyoung was being kept. Though you wanted to do nothing more than run inside, a part of you hesitated. You couldn't imagine in what state your boyfriend was in, and you were too scared to see him, knowing you wouldn't be able to handle it.

Hyunsuk placed a hand on your back, leaning forward as he opened the door for you, pushing you in before closing the door. Upon seeing Doyoung, you could definitely say the floodgates opened, your tears just gushing down your face as you saw him on the hospital bed.

He might not be alright, but at least he is alive.

"Come here," Doyoung whispered, calling you for a hug even though his left arm was in a cast. "Aigoo, why are you crying so much? Don't cry, I'm all good. See? I'm fine." He tried to assure you, but you couldn't stop crying, just happy to see Doyoung.

"I'm sorry, Doyoung. I r-really am. I should've ch-checked the invitation b-before we left. If I did, w-we would've been having f-fun at the party, I'm just really s-sorry." You held onto his hand, sobbing as you spoke.

Doyoung wiped away your tears, shaking his head to himself as he saw your reddened eyes and bloodied dress. He couldn't have imagined how much you must've gone through, and even just the thought about it brought a pain to his heart.

When Doyoung didn't reply, you bit your lip, feeling immensely guilty. "I'm really sorry, I swear–" You got cut off as Doyoung placed his lips against yours, capturing them for a short kiss.

"Will you stop your apologising? You have nothing to apologise for, and besides, I told you I'm alright! If you apologise one more time, I'd wish I had been hit by that bike harder."