♡ pretty smile || park jeongwoo

PRETTY SMILE 

"I'm sorry, I'm late!" You quickly blurted, opening the door to your first class. The teacher looked amused at your appearance, seeing your hair was everywhere and your tie had flown over your shoulder at the speed you ran.

"It's alright. Y/N, right?" He asked, and you nodded, smiling politely. "Take a seat next to Park Jeongwoo and try not to be late next time." You promised not to do so and held onto your bag tighter, looking around the room.

A brown-haired male raised his hand, signalling the place he assigned you to sit. Approaching the table, you awkwardly smile and silently greet the boy, taking a seat beside him.

You didn't bother being too hyped and introducing yourself, and instead focused on the ongoing lesson, taking notes now and then. As you were too absorbed in your work, you didn't notice the hard time the boy beside you was having.

Wow, she's pretty, he thought, sneaking glances at you as you wrote stuff in your notebook. Should I introduce myself? He contemplated, but thought against it, not wanting to make you feel uncomfortable.

It wasn't every day that someone sat next to him, let alone it be someone who was this pretty. Jeongwoo tried to concentrate on the work given, but he couldn't. Not with you being so adorable next to him.

The way you scrunched your face when you didn't understand a certain term, the way you kept cutely sighing as you looked at the time, the little doodles you drew in the corner of your book — he noticed them all.

The teacher gave a small break as he got a call, leaving the classroom. You finished writing the last sentence of your note and placed your pencil down. You turned to your side, facing Jeongwoo.

"Hi, I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself before. I'm Y/N, it's nice to meet you!" You cheerfully greeted, smiling at the boy.

Oh, my, that smile. Don't die. "I'm Jeongwoo, it's a pleasure meeting you too," he softly replied, biting his lip, unable to contain his smile. Gosh, how adorable can you get?

"Um, I was, uh, hoping," you paused, unsure of your words, "if you could maybe show me around the school? I'm not familiar with stuff, so—"

"Yes, definitely!" Jeongwoo accepted, a little too fast and enthusiastically. He blushed furiously, internally screaming at his eagerness. But he couldn't help but crack a small smile when you laughed at his answer.

"Great, thank you so much, you are the best!"

It was safe to say you had warmed up to Jeongwoo, and you were very comfortable just casually talking with him. He was happy to realise you were comfortable, and nonstop talked with you, making you laugh and smile the entire time.

He and you both knew in that moment that it was the start of a great friendship.