♡ manner legs & time-outs || park jeongwoo

a/n: jeongwoo and reader aged up for the sake of the story flow

✩ MANNER LEGS & TIME-OUTS ✩

"Are you sure you want to do this? I didn't tell them about you, so it'll be fine if you can't."

You assured your boyfriend, watching him tie his shoes before standing next to you.

"I've always wanted to see where you worked. You've been to the company a billion times, and the studio is basically a second home." Jeongwoo shrugged, shoving his hands in his pant pockets. "It'll be fun, right?"

"It will be very fun! I can't wait for you to meet the kids!" You giggled to yourself, excited for your students to finally meet your boyfriend. "Not that I'm bluffing, but it'll be difficult to get them to like you at first."

Jeongwoo laughed, nodding as you struggled to contain your smile. "Guess we'll have to stop by the bakery and grab some donuts before we go then," he suggested, watching you as you excitedly clapped, rushing to leave the house faster.

You worked at a small school that mainly handled playschool and elementary kids — and Jeongwoo was finally going to get a taste of what you did for a living. Trying to make use of his free day — other than gaming and sleeping — he accompanied you to your workplace.

Jeongwoo had his fair share of interactions with kids — not that every interaction was a success. He knew how to handle their tantrums and play with them, but teaching them was something he wasn't familiar with, so it was a pleasant change to see what you spent your weekdays doing to make a living.

"Let's go! Let's go! Let's go!" You cheered, overflowing with excitement as your favorite small hoomans were going to meet your favorite tall one. "You are going to love the kids, I promise!"

"The real question is whether they'll love me."

***

"Everyone. get your aprons and line up! Let's do some painting!"

You announced, going over to the shelf, grabbing the box full of aprons and placing them on the floor so the children could easily get them.

"Yay, painting!" They responded in sync, forming a line while a student handed each of them an apron for their art class.

Jeongwoo leant against the table as you put on your apron, sitting on the little chair as you waited for them to come to you. "You've taught these kids well," he commented out of the blue, taking you by surprise. "They are childish, but at the same time, they have certain mature aspects. It's really admirable." He watched the smile on your face widen as you looked at the kids before turning to him.

"Trust me, it's all them." You shook your head, letting him know you had nothing to do with their behaviour. "They play, they fall and they learn. I only teach them basic math and do fun activities with them."

"Are all teachers here as humble as you?"

"I don't know." You chuckled, smiling widely as your first student rushed towards you, her apron in her hands. "Daeunie! I love your pigtails, they are so cute!" You complimented as you tied the apron for her.

Jeongwoo watched you interact with each student one after the other, fondly smiling at every comment you gave them. As he listened and observed more, he figured the children were more excited about receiving a compliment from you rather than the art class they had.

"Siwon-ah! You are looking twice as handsome as yesterday!"

"Wah, your hair clips are so pretty, Areum!"