♡ picnic kiss || bang yedam

PICNIC KISS 

You rubbed your eyes, yawning as you answered your phone that was ringing for the past three minutes. "Yes?" You held back another yawn, sitting up on your bed.

"Y/N? Were you sleeping?" You smiled as you heard Yedam's voice, shaking your head before you answered.

"No, no. It's fine. I just took a small nap." You stood from your bed, stretching your sore limbs. "I was going to call you today, actually."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, I wanted to have a little picnic like we did when we were kids."

Yedam smiled to himself, thankful that you couldn't see the way his cheeks went red. "Really? I wanted to do the same today, no joke. Shall we meet at the park at 4?" He asked, looking over at the clock on his wall that read 3.30.

"Sure!" You giddily replied, already running around the house to make little treats for your picnic as you ended the call with Yedam.

Bang Yedam was your friend of many years. Though you knew each other ever since you were in diapers, you actually became best friends after he left to Seoul to pursue his mother's dream of him becoming an idol.

Distance makes the heart grow fonder, and that's exactly what happened with you two. Maybe it was the slight awkwardness you had from time to time, or maybe the politeness you two still had despite being good friends; whatever it was, you were falling hard for Yedam with each passing day and it hurt you physically to be next to him.

But you couldn't lose a great friendship just because of some stupid feelings, so you buried them deep and tried to move on. Keyword; tried.

As quickly as you could, you packed the snacks and changed into a casual outfit, running out of the house and rushing towards the park. You knew Yedam would be there before you, and you didn't want to keep him waiting.

You caught a glimpse of Yedam as you walked towards the secluded part of the park you two had claimed as 'your spot'. Deciding to be a little mischievous, you quietly walked towards Yedam who was watching the sunset sky with a smile on his face.

"Boo!" You whispered near his ear, breaking down in laughter as you watched the older male nearly jump out of his skin. "That was hilarious!" You slapped your knee, falling to the grass, literally rolling over as you laughed.

Yedam clutched his chest as he calmed down, realising it was just you. He opened his mouth to scold you, but just hearing your laugh put a smile on his face. You were his treasure – even though you didn't know.

He lost so many friends when he moved to Seoul, and even though there were some who stuck by, none of them were as nice as you. You were always considerate of his feelings and always listened to what he had to say, making him the star of the conversation and not herself.

There was an unusual charm of yours that captured him, and he waited for the right time to let you know about it. And seeing you making him so happy by a simple action signaled it was the right time.

Yedam walked towards you, kneeling next to you. He looked at you with pure adoration written in his eyes. You sobered from your laughing, staring at Yedam who looked at you indifferently.

You tilted your head in your confusion, wondering what was wrong. "Yedam, is there-" You got cut off as Yedam cupped his hands over your cheeks, closing the space between the two of you as your lips met.

With the kiss came electric tingles, all throughout your body, the sensation overwhelming you. The same feeling overtook Yedam's senses, leaving him in a daze. He pulled away after a few seconds, a dreamy smile on his face.

"You have no idea how long I have waited to kiss you."