♡ useless upbringing || yoon jaehyuk

✩ USELESS UPBRINGING 

♡ based on actual events (not jaehyuk's!!) 

disclaimer! my work is truly fictional, and i am not portraying (that in any way) jaehyuk has such a relationship with his mother.

The door opened to your shared apartment, and you sat up straight on the couch, looking at the direction of the front door.

"Oh, hey, what's up?" You asked Jaehyuk as he walked in with a weird smile.

"Everything is great. I saw Jaehan and Jaeyun. Grandma, too. It was a fun day." He grinned, although you found it weird, you didn't question it.

"Why so early, though? I thought you said you would come later," you asked, not really thinking much about it, and just asked for the sake of it.

"Oh, the train station said that they had some maintenance going on, so the last train going to Seoul was at 5. I didn't want to take a cab so I came back on that train," he replied, taking off his shoes and wearing the fluffy slippers before looking at you.

"I'm hungry. Can you make dinner?"

You nodded quickly and got up, smiling at Jaehyuk and walking towards the kitchen. While cooking the food, your phone buzzed, and you gave one last look at the food on the cooker before looking at your phone.

JEONGUWU

jae hyung fought with his mum again
take care of the kid, will you

oh
how do you know

he cried his eyes out in the practice room before coming to you
told me about it bc i caught him crying

ah okay thanks for telling me jeongwoo i'll handle the rest
night

gnight

You sighed loudly. That explains the weird smiling. Jaehyuk didn't want you to know about what had happened, so he came early and cried his eyes out in the practice room and came home looking all jolly good.

Waving off the matter, you plated up the food you had made and kept it on the counter, just in time as Jaehyuk walked in with another weird smile.

"So, what did you do today?" Jaehyuk asked as he started eating, looking at you cutely.

"Nothing much. I talked to my mum, and she said that my dad came home," you stated and saw Jaehyuk frown when your dad was mentioned. "She told me she's trying to give him another chance."

"And what did you say?" Jaehyuk questioned, looking directly at you with a glare. Which obviously wasn't directed at you, but your father.

"Well, I told her I was planning on visiting her until that bomb got dropped on me. She invited both of us for a get together for dinner, but I declined."

Jaehyuk nodded slowly before taking another bite from his food. "Oh, okay. I'm sorry you had to hear that today."

"Eh, all the bad has passed. What's the worse he can do?" You shrugged nonchalantly, playing with your food. "WhatsApp me a knife emoji?"

Jaehyuk cracked a small smile at your carefree attitude, causing you to mimic his smile as well.

"Well, I mean, I didn't exactly have the greatest day either," the raven-haired boy mumbled and you could see how uncomfortable he was with opening about what had happened.

You shook your head quickly and held up a hand. "Don't force yourself to talk about it. Just because I opened up about something doesn't mean that you have to disclose something too." You saw Jaehyuk looking at you with a blank expression on his face. "Listening is fine, in fact, that's something people rarely do, so the fact that you listen to me is enough to make me happy."

The smallest of smiles came on Jaehyuk's face before completely taking over, widely spreading like a contagious disease.

The brightest faces have cried the most.

After eating dinner and cleaning up, Jaehyuk went straight to bed. You allowed him to take his time to let his guard down and busied yourself with chores.

You grabbed your pajamas and went to take a shower, wondering about what had happened between Jaehyuk and his mother. Taking your time in drying yourself and changing, you let out a deep breath before opening the door and walking to your shared bed.

Jaehyuk was already lying down, awkwardly playing with his fingers while he waited for you to come. You sat on the bed and leant your back against the headboard, knowing well that you had to be the strong pillar right now for Jaehyuk.

"She asked me why I came," the boy croaked out, his tears rapidly streaming down his face.

You held his hand and patted it softly, gesturing that you were there with him and let him continue about his hardships at his own pace.

"She told me she regretted sending me away to train at YG. She thought she could get rid of me, but apparently more people question her about me and ..." Jaehyuk trailed off and sniffed, sighing before continuing. "And she just doesn't like me, I guess. She hates when people ask her what is it like to be Yoon Jaehyuk's mother. She said that she wants to yell that she doesn't like it ..."

"And Grandma knows about this?" You asked quietly, looking over at Jaehyuk.

"Yeah, she tried to stop her. But that woman almost pushed Gran down. So, I left before something else could happen." Jaehyuk admitted and pulled your arm closer to him.

"Some people raise their kids in the way they were brought up. They don't know whether it's bad or good. If their parents did that to them, then they simply think that it's okay to do it to their kids too. You should just be lucky you didn't end up with a son of a drunkard," you confessed, intertwining your hand and Jaehyuk's together.

"No offense, but your dad is a stupid donkey."

"That's literally the nicest thing said compared to what I think about him."

"But you know what's worse, Y/N?" Jaehyuk suddenly asked, getting all serious.

"It's the fact that Jaehan and Jaeyun know Mum doesn't like me. They themselves told me not to think about it. They told me that even if Mum doesn't love me then, they still do. And that they'll never stop. It's sometimes hard to believe that those two angels came from a wicked witch like that," Jaehyuk muttered, more tears falling down his cheeks.

You sat him up and hugged him, rubbing circles on his back, trying to console the boy and reduce his crying.

"This angel in front of me apparently came from her too," you said seriously, causing Jaehyuk to giggle between his crying.

"I'm not an angel, I'm a fairy."

You laughed at Jaehyuk's attempt at a joke, despite the heavy feelings he felt. You nodded into the hug and pulled away, smiling softly at Jaehyuk.

"Jae ... promise me something."

Jaehyuk nodded quickly before putting it into words. "Of course, anything."

"Promise me that no matter what happens, you won't ever let your childhood and upbringing affect the way you raise your children."

Jaehyuk smiled, causing you to smile. "I promise you, Y/N. I promise I won't let my upbringing get in the way of raising our children."