♡ like magic || kim junkyu

LIKE MAGIC 

♫ inspired by 1the9 — like magic (+ the harry potter series)

"Have you lost your damn mind?"

Junkyu whisper-yelled as his Gryffindor best friend dragged him to the side, up to some mischief as always.

"Aw, come on, man." Jihoon groaned, looking to see if any professors were around. "I know the duplication spell, but I can't pull it off as well as you do. I need you to take this signature from this paper and copy it on this." He held out two papers in his hand, looking at his Ravenclaw best friend with pleading eyes.

Junkyu looked at the papers, realising one was an unsigned permission slip for Hogsmeade while the other was a student information form that was signed by his mother. He frowned, shaking his head, not wanting to fall for his cheeky friend's antics.

"I'm not doing it. If you wanted to go to Hogsmeade, you should've gotten it signed." Junkyu shook his head, moving away from his friend. "You literally went home yesterday and came! Couldn't you remember to get it signed?!"

Jihoon sighed, following the younger as he moved out of the halls, looking over the balcony as he watched the kids line up as their professors rechecked their names on the list.

"Junkyu, come on. Aren't we best friends?"

"In this specific scenario, not really. Besides, I didn't really want to go either, so you can keep me company."

The younger male stifled his laughter, seeing the begrudging expression on his friend's face. Junkyu leant against the balcony, watching the snow fall to the ground, smiling as he reached out to catch some snowflakes.

As he carried on with his childish gesture, Junkyu noticed a figure near the line of students, twirling around in the snow as they had their arms spread out, enjoying the snowfall. The male leant forward, squinting his eyes as he recognised the figure as you; the kind person literally everyone in all the houses was friends with.

He had heard of you many times, especially from his own Ravenclaw mates, as well as his other friends from the other houses. Junkyu didn't know what made him stare at you for so long, but seeing you smile as the snow fell, he couldn't look away.

And then you met his gaze. Both of you were far away, but he could've sworn you looked directly at him — and the skip in his heart only confirmed what his eyes saw. Being the kind soul you were, you gave a small wave and smile before being on your way, standing in the lines with your friends as you waited for your name to be called out.

Were you going to Hogsmeade too?

"Jihoon-ah, give me your papers quickly!" Junkyu hurried, suddenly getting the urge to commit the fraud in order to go on the trip. "I'll duplicate your slip and I'll forge the signatures."

Park Jihoon didn't know what got his best friend to change his mind, but he quickly agreed, handing over the papers and keeping a lookout for any professors. Once the younger was done, the two best friends ran downstairs, quickly making excuses as they handed their permission slips and got themselves into the list.

"Let's enjoy ourselves at Hogsmeade, my friend."

***

Kim Junkyu rested his face against his palm as he stared at you from across the room, listening to the way you explained the notes for Alchemy. Even though the houses competed with each other, all that seemed to be forgotten whenever they were near you.

He admired how you never got annoyed, no matter how many times a student would ask you to repeat a point — and you were always patient to cater to all questions; whether they were intelligent or dumb ones.

Junkyu wouldn't lie ... he was especially thankful to the students who kept asking questions; because he got to hear your voice — and even to the students who asked dumb questions; because he got to see your smile.

He was addicted to the way you talked ... even the way you laughed. And he didn't know why. It was like you had cast a magic spell on him.

"Junkyu?" You softly called out, not having the answer to a question your classmate had asked. "Could you help me a bit?" You inquired, smiling as the male was pulled out of his daze.

Seeing you looking at him, Junkyu scrambled from his seat towards you, mimicking your smile as he looked at you. "Yeah?" He stood next to you, looking over at the books you had opened before looking at the other students. "What can I help with?"

You pulled on his robe, making space for him as you made him sit down next to you. "When the measurements are not given for these potions, we don't put equal portions, right?" Junkyu stared at the hand that still held onto his robe, zoned out for a few seconds before he answered.

"It depends o-on what the inferior elemental in the p-potions are," he stammered, blinking a lot as you nodded, not focused on his behavior but his words. "The ratios vary on each elemental. They are on this page." Junkyu flipped through the book, finding the page easily since he had practically memorized the book.

"You are the best, Junkyu!" You cheered, extending your arm as you took the male in a side-hug. "As expected, Ravenclaws never back away when it comes to sharing knowledge with others."

"No w-worries. Anytime." Junkyu froze in his place, startled by the sudden physical affection you gave him. He knew it was just you being friendly, but he couldn't control the butterflies he felt in his chest. "I'll see you guys later. Let me know if you need to know anything else."

"Will do! Thank you, Junkyu!"

***

"Y/N! Y/N!" You turned as you heard Junkyu's voice, giggling as you saw him running towards you at full speed. "I got you some doughnuts!" Junkyu had his ever-so-cheery smile as he ran up to you with a paper bag in hand.

"You are gonna phase through walls at this point, Junkyu," you joked once the male came to a stop in front of you. "Here, let me just ..." You trailed off, fixing his tie as it had flown back since he had run.

"Thanks."

"Don't worry about it."

You shook your head as you smiled, holding his arms and pulling him closer before you could fix his loosened tie. The material was made of silk, so it was easily undone, which result in you having to redo his tie again.

And Junkyu didn't mind it one bit. In fact, while having your face inches away from his, Kim Junkyu mentally encouraged himself to ask you the question he had meant to ask for the past few days.

"Hey, um, Y/N ..." Junkyu took a deep breath, convincing himself to get on with it. "I've been seeking for the right Yule Ball date, and I wanted to ask you if you'd like to be my golden snitch?" He stared directly into your eyes, his heart threatening to pound off his chest at the proximity between you two.

The smile on your face widened, ignoring the butterflies that came alive in your stomach. You avoided his eyes as you finished fixing his tie, only meeting them after you composed yourself.

"I'd love that, Junkyu."