♡ my pillow || so junghwan

MY PILLOW 

"How many nights does it take to count the stars?"

You wondered to yourself, watching the ceiling fan rotate slowly above you, glancing between it and the neon star stickers on your ceiling, trying to fall asleep.

Feeling your eyes droop, you turned to the side, getting a glance at your bedside clock before you slept. 02:14, it read. The blissful sleep didn't last long — after all, your maintenance insomnia always made sure you never got deep and restful sleep.

You opened your eyes again, knowing very well your sleep was short-lived. And looking at your clock, which read 02:21, you realised you only got seven proper minutes of sleep. Shutting your eyes tight, you took deep breaths, trying to control the anger in hopes it would pass through.

"I can't do this anymore!" You cried, thrashing around in your bed and throwing your blankets to the side. "I just want to sleep!" You sat up on your bed, hugging your knees and letting out the frustrations of the past few sleepless weeks.

After what seemed like forever, you took a few more deep breaths, trying to gather the strength to at least go to the living room. Alas, only more tears made their way down your face, completely frustrated with the situation of not being able to fall asleep.

Finally, getting yourself off the bed, you were about to fall back when you heard the front door open, signaling someone had entered your house. And considering your house had a passcode lock, and that it was two in the morning, it could only be one person. Still, you went towards your front door, peeking quietly and watching the person you had expected to walk in.

So Junghwan; your boyfriend. Due to his crowded schedule, he was staying at the dorms, away from you. Usually, Junghwan wasn't the one to make late-night appearances, but for some reason he felt the need to come to you — even though it was really late.

And meeting your tear-filled eyes as soon as he walked inside, Junghwan thanked whatever gut feeling he had gotten, relieved he could be there for you.

Closing the door behind him and dropping his bag to the floor, Junghwan looked at you with a fond smile. "Couldn't sleep?" He asked, extending his arms as he invited you into his embrace. "Aigoo, it's alright. I'm right here, Y/N." He rubbed your back, assuring you he wasn't going anywhere.

"I know," you muttered, wiping away your tears now that you knew Junghwan was there. "But it's so frustrating when you want to sleep, but can't." A sad smile came on your face when you saw your boyfriend nod, wordlessly agreeing with you.

You couldn't sleep because of your insomnia, and Junghwan couldn't sleep because he had too many things to do. Both of you suffered whenever you two were apart, but when together, a peaceful sleep was always guaranteed.

"Let's go get some much needed sleep!"

"Yay! Let's go!"

The two of you were like little children, racing to your room as you immediately found yourself in Junghwan's embrace, him holding you close as you two made yourselves comfortable. You laid your back against his chest, with his arms wrapped around you.

"I missed this." Junghwan sighed in content, resting his chin on your shoulder. "Cuddling the hyungs isn't the same as cuddling you. No wonder I haven't been able to get any sleep these past weeks."

You smiled, hugging Junghwan's arms that he wrapped around you. "Tell me about it. The amount of times I've cried because I wanted to sleep and couldn't is unimaginable." You felt at ease at his touch, sighing in relief as he pulled you closer. "Let's just catch up on sleep. Two days at a stretch sound good to you?"

"Make it five days." Junghwan's words made you laugh, making him feel the little vibrations in his chest. "I'm sorry I stayed so long at the dorms. I would've come earlier, but there was so much to do."

"It's alright, Hwanie." You patted his arm in assurance. "It would've been difficult to keep coming and going from here, anyway. You are here now, and that's all that matters."

Junghwan tapped on your side, helping you turn around so he could see your face. "You are always so understanding." He brushed your hair out of your face, a smile of adoration on his face. "I wonder from time to time if everything is difficult on you."

"Not at all. Because I know at the end of the day, I have you!" You shook your head, placing your arms around your boyfriend as you rested your head on his chest. "Now ... let's sleep," you murmured, oddly enough feeling drowsy.

Junghwan frowned slightly, patting the pillows you had abandoned to lie on his chest. "The pillows are right there, Y/N." He didn't think your gesture was intentional, assuming you were going to move back.

"You are my new pillow."