♡ i won't get hurt, i promise || yoon jaehyuk

✩ I WON'T GET HURT, I PROMISE ✩

content : prosecutor!jaehyuk x police officer!reader

"No fucking way. Jae, you have to call them for a trial. This is insane!"

You gasped, looking at the documents sprawled over the table, eyes widening in disbelief with each glance you took at the papers.

"Come on, Y/N. You know me better than that." Jaehyuk sighed, falling back in his chair, feeling the exhaustion of the sleepless nights catch up to him. "I wouldn't come to you if I didn't already try that."

"Why won't the authorities call them?" You asked, though you already knew the answer. "Just because they are influential people doesn't mean they can get away with their crimes."

Your disgruntled expression brought a smile to your best friend's face, with him tiredly smiling as he nodded. "Actually, the problem is that I don't have enough evidence to place the claim on them. These are just missing figures on the accounting records. These people can easily forge some document to cover it up," he explained, moving to sit next to you on your bed.

"So, you just need more solid evidence?" You checked, nodding to yourself when he agreed. "Okay, fine, deal. I'll help you. I'll get the evidence."

Jaehyuk turned to face you, confused. "I didn't even strike a deal with you?" He held back a smile, his heart fluttering at your attempt to help him even before he could say anything.

"But is that not why you are here? To ask for my help?"

"Yeah, I wanted to ask what you thought–" He paused, shaking his head vigorously. "But no. You do nothing. It's too dangerous. I know what you are thinking and you–"

You cracked a smile, looking at the male with a dreamy look on your face. "Oho? You care about my safety?" You teased, though your heart was ready to jump out of your chest and run. "The Yoon Jaehyuk who always came to me to save his ass after he got into fights?"

"That was when we were in middle school!"

"High school, babe. You did that until we graduated." You patted his face, chuckling at the memories. "Come on, Jae. You should remember that way more than I do. You are the one who always tended to my wounds." You reminisced your high-school days, even though you mostly got beaten up for things Jaehyuk did.

You never hated him for it, though. Ever since you were young, you were all Jaehyuk had, and he was all you had. You never knew someone like him would've stayed by your side as long as he did, and you were utterly grateful for that.

In return, you did whatever you could to make sure no harm came in Yoon Jaehyuk's way. He meant the world to you — heck; he was your world. And you'd do anything to protect your world.

"I know, but–" Jaehyuk hesitated, and you realised how concerned he was. This was not like him. Jaehyuk knew how you always won every fight you went into, but this time, his hesitation clarified that he was scared for you.

You wrapped your hands around his waist, hugging him as you rested your head on his shoulders. Patting his back in an attempt to comfort him, you waited until he relaxed before pulling away to look at his face.

"Come on, Jae. You know me better than that. I won't get hurt, I promise."