♡ keep smiling || yoon jaehyuk

KEEP SMILING 

You walked passed the familiar grounds, and you made your way to where your parents were. You saw the same guy in the same place he usually stood in and turned to your parents' stones.

Slipping down the back of the tree trunk, you sat on the ground, looking at the gravestones in front of you. You started talking about your day and then trailed off, getting the urge to cry.

"Argh, Y/N, you never cry. What's wrong now?" You asked yourself as you try blinking and getting rid of the tears. You smile to yourself and wondered what life would be like if your parents never got shot during the bank robbery.

Suddenly, you heard uncontrollable sobs, breaking you from your daydream. You got up from your place and saw the same guy — that you would usually see every time you'd visit the graveyard — crouching down in his place and crying.

Something about the sight of him like that did something to you on the inside. You didn't know if it was the pang in your heart or the guy's vulnerable side that made you want to be next to him, but soon enough, you crouched next to the guy.

You had seen his face a couple of times before, and he always seemed to be there every time you saw your parents. You looked at the grave in front of you and saw a different layout of a gravestone.

The person's picture was put with his birthdate to the left and death date to the right. You could see the resemblance between the grave's picture and the boy crying in front of you now.

You patted and rubbed his back and smiled sadly at the crying figure, trying not to weep yourself. Without a warning, the boy wrapped his arms around you and continued crying, but this time, softer than before.

"It's my fault, you know? I always let him sneak out to go to parties without accompanying him to them. I've always snuck him out to go out, even when he was grounded. I shouldn't have done that. I should've made him stay that day." The boy sobbed, mumbling into your now tear-stained shirt, but you couldn't give a damn about that.

"If I forced him to stay and did my duties of being a good hyung, then none of this would've happened. He wouldn't have been dared to drink a lot and get drunk off his butt. He wouldn't have tried to drive back home and get into that accident. He would've still been here with me," he added, pulling away from the hug as you wiped away his tears.

"You can't blame yourself till the end of time. Your brother too could've thought about not going and could've been logical enough to not get that drunk. His friends also could've offered to drive him home if he was that drunk, or they could've let him crash in their house for the night if they were also that drunk. You can't blame yourself for something like this. Your brother wouldn't like it," you slowly stated, handing him a tissue and kept patting his back.

"He would want his hyung to not be guilty and move on with life, remembering him in your heart." You told the stranger, smiling at him in hopes for him to smile as well. And it worked. The guy cracked a small smile, which got wider as he held both of your hands.

"Thanks for helping me."

"Seeing you smile like that makes me really happy. Don't hide a beautiful smile like that. Keep smiling all the time."

"I am Jaehyuk."

"And I am Y/N."