♡ hate to say it || takata mashiho

HATE TO SAY IT 

"Come on, Y/N! Stop!"

Mashiho whined, looking at you with what seemed like an angry expression on his face. It was hard to decipher since he was so naturally cute, and everything he did was cute to you.

However, this time you were a bit confused. "Me? Stop? What? What did I do?" You asked, confusedly staring at the male.

"You keep stealing my chicken pieces from the pasta!"

"Well, it wasn't me!"

You two were having lunch in the dorms along with the other boys, and you knew who the thief was, but you kinda enjoyed seeing Mashiho mad. He kept grumbling as he sneakily looked at you, his eyes not leaving his plate.

"Mashi, can you grab me a water bottle?" Jihoon asked, and the younger stood from his seat, going to the kitchen to get the water.

Just as the male was out of sight, Junghwan and Junkyu — aka the boys who were beside Mashiho — reached out with their chopsticks, each grabbing a small piece of chicken and plopping them into their mouths.

You looked at the two, shaking your head as you sighed. "You two are going to get me killed," you whispered, even though there was a big smile on your face. Junkyu and Junghwan simply shrugged, giving you cute smiles, hoping to avoid your scolding.

Which they did.

Mashiho came back, handing a water bottle to Jihoon before he sat on his seat, grabbing his fork to continue eating. Not seeing the two pieces of chicken he left for his next bite, he looked at you, checking if you were acting suspiciously.

You didn't eat the chicken, but seeing his face brought a big smile to your face — which, in the end, made you look guilty. No matter how hard you tried to convince him otherwise, Mashiho kept whining, and you ended up giving your own pieces of chicken.

"Just give me your plate for a second." You held out your hand, taking his plate and going to the kitchen.

Taking two pieces of chicken, you separately covered them in salt, placing them on either side of his plate, making it easier for the thieves to steal. You took back the plate to Mashiho, and he frowned at you suspiciously before he ate his pasta, not taking his eyes off you.

Knowing you had done something, Asahi distracted Mashiho, wanting to see how the other two were going to get caught. But a few seconds in, and he quickly caught on. "Are you distracting me?!" Mashiho gasped, looking down at his plate before turning to you with a glare. "Y/N, I swear to–" He was cut off by the thieves beside him groaning, immediately reaching for water.

"Argh, it tastes like the sea!"

"Salty, salty!"

You looked at the confused Mashiho, explaining your experiment. "I coated the chicken in salt and kept it on the plate, which the thieves stole. Now, it's easy for you to find out who they are," you stated with a smile, grinning as your boyfriend looked guilty.

As Mashiho scolded Junkyu and Junghwan, you and the others cleaned up the tables, helping to wash the plates and clear everything. Even after everything, Mashiho was nowhere to be seen, so you went to his room, relaxing there until he came.

After a while, the male peeked through the door, smiling at you cutely as you looked up from your phone. "Are you not coming in?" You asked, hiding your laugh as you watched him nervously take a step inside.

"I'm sorry. I really am." Mashiho quickly walked towards you, thrusting a single rose to your face. You recognised the flower from the arrangement in the living room, but you said nothing since he was trying his best.

You turned the other way, pretending to be mad as you frowned. "As you should be. You blamed me for nothing, you know?" You couldn't help but smile as Mashiho climbed over you, wrapping his arms around you as he tried to console you with his cuddles.

"I'm sorry, baby."

The two of you cuddled for a while until you broke the silence. "You know, I hate to say it," you muttered, watching as Mashiho turned to look at you questioningly. "But I told you so. I told you I wasn't the one."

"You don't sound like you hate to say it, though."