♡ a kiss will do 2 || watanabe haruto

A KISS WILL DO 2 

"Of course, you saved me from the goddess of death. I'm ready to give you my life."

"We can talk about that later. For now, getting me an iced coffee and a kiss on the cheek will do." Haruto laughed, peeking out the door before gesturing you to leave. "The council has a meeting in five minutes. Miyuki will be alright after that, don't worry," he assured.

"Thank you, Ruto!" You tiptoed, quickly placing a kiss on his cheek, running away to your class. "You'll get your iced coffee later!" You called out, trying to appear cool even though you were freaking out.

Haruto was in a similar situation, eyes widened as he tried to register what happened, not believing any of it. He was only kidding, but you actually kissed his cheek, and he didn't know what to do. But thankfully, you ran away. So he didn't really have to respond to it or anything — because frankly, he didn't know what to do.

"Goodness, Y/N. What the heck did you just do?" You buried your face in your hands as you sat in your class, contemplating all your life choices.

For the time first time, your mind was filled with Haruto instead of your lessons. You two barely spoke to each other, so how was he suddenly occupying your mind? Regardless, once the lunch bell rang, you went to the cafeteria of your school, buying two iced coffees, and heading towards the student council room.

"Found ya!" Miyuki creeped from behind, startling you. "One of those better be for me, or else I'm gonna continue what we left off," she jokingly threatened.

You handed over a coffee. One of them being for her, anyway. "I won't be alive any longer if you keep killing me for every little thing." You laughed, letting your best friend link her arm in yours as you two walked.

"Where are you going?"

"The student council room."

Miyuki nodded understandingly. "To meet your boyfriend who you didn't tell me about?" She inquired, causing your eyes to widen in shock. "I can't believe you would even hide it from me."

"Wait, what?" You exclaimed, stopping your tracks as you tried to figure out who this boyfriend was. "Boyfriend? Who? Who is this boyfriend that I don't even know about?"

"It's alright, man. You don't have to hide it. I saw you and Haruto run into the council room this morning." Miyuki shrugged, ruffling your hair as she walked in front of you. "That's why I came to check. But then it looked like you two were pretty ... um, busy, so I just left. Else I would've totally confronted the two of you!" For the nth time that day, you buried your face in your hands, totally embarrassed.

"Haruto is not my boyfriend, Miyuki," you mumbled, finding the courage to face your best friend. "He was just–"

"OH MY GOD! ARE YOU GUYS FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS?! BRUH, I THOUGHT–"

Your face was flushed with embarrassment, forgetting about the coffee you were supposed to give Haruto as you ran away. Miyuki's words kept repeating in your head and you found yourself behind the bleachers of the school grounds, hiding yourself from literally everyone you could.

It was embarrassing enough that you kissed Haruto on the cheek, but the fact that your best friend saw you run inside the council room with him, and then assume he was your boyfriend, was another level of embarrassment.

Not to mention she thought you two were friends with benefits.

"ARGH!" You screamed into your hands before drinking the coffee as if it were some sort of alcohol, hoping for it to erase your memories. "How am I going to face Miyuki again?!" You thought as you finished the coffee in seconds, disposing of the cup as you calmed yourself.

I can do this. It's just a misunderstanding. It's alright.

Just as you convinced yourself to go and correct your best friend of her wrong assumption, you mindlessly hit against something, apologising profusely — even though you didn't know if what you hit was alive or not.

"There you are. I was wondering where my coffee was." You froze upon hearing the deep voice, praying for your conscious to be wrong as you looked at the source of the voice.

Upon seeing Haruto's face, you internally grimaced, forcing a smile. "Oh, Ruto." You awkwardly laughed, not knowing what to say. "There was a little situation ... but I'll get you a coffee next time," you promised, looking up when Haruto laughed.

"I was just kidding, no worries." His smile faltered upon seeing your tensed expression, wondering if anything was wrong. "If you wanna talk about the little situation you had, I'm right here. As Watanabe Haruto, your council's treasurer, or Watanabe Haruto, a friend. Choose your player," he joked, trying to lighten up the atmosphere.

"Whichever Watanabe Haruto that doesn't find me weird."

"That applies to both, but I'll choose the friend version." Haruto leant against the back of the bleachers, looking at you with an encouraging smile. "So, what's up?"

"I don't want you to find me weird or anything after this, okay?" You frowned, playing with your hands. "But Miyuki saw us go into the council room in the morning."

Haruto's eyes widened in realization. "Oh, shoot. I guess I didn't save you from the goddess of death, after all. No wonder you couldn't come during lunch, huh?" He asked, not seeing how uncomfortable you were to say the rest of the situation.

"Well, that's only part of it. You know ... that thing you did to make her leave?" You grimaced, barely making eye-contact with the male as he mimicked your expressions. "She thought we were dating, but I told her you weren't my boyfriend."

"Oh ..."

"Yeah, but then Miyuki assumed we were friends with benefits, so I just felt so embarrassed and I ran away from her." You covered your face after you blurted everything, groaning as you realised that this was the part where Haruto awkwardly left.

It surely was embarrassing to have the vice-president assume that he was hooking up with her best friend, but Haruto had enough sense to understand that it was just a misunderstanding. And misunderstandings can be corrected.

However, seeing you freak out over something so trivial put a smile on his face. He didn't know why, but Haruto smiled at every little thing you did, and after the little incident in the morning, you had clouded his mind.

Was this the effect of the kiss?

He didn't have any answers, but he knew that he surely wanted to know you more. Maybe it was love at first sight. Who knows? But with the limited interactions you two had, Haruto wanted more — just so he could get to see you more, maybe be with you more.

Haruto was the type to act upon his feelings, so he thought that maybe just blurting his feelings wouldn't be bad. "I'm not totally opposed to the idea, though." He shrugged, observing you for a reaction.

"Not opposed to the idea of being friends with benefits?" You repeated, wondering if everyone in the student council was as high as your best friend.

"No, no! Not friends with benefits!" Haruto's voice was raised as he denied your words, and you found it amusing to see how the council's treasurer lost his cool over a simple misunderstanding.

Kinda like you, in a way.

"Then?"

"I mean dating. You seem like an interesting person, and I wouldn't mind going out with you," he murmured as you strained to hear his words. "We could go on a few dates, and you could see whether you'd like hanging around me often." Haruto gave his winning smile, making your heart skip a beat.

You couldn't help the smile that came on your face, nodding slightly. "I'm not totally opposed to that idea either." You copied his phrase, making Haruto laugh.

"How does Saturday 11am sound to you for our first date?"

a/n: i'm sorry updates have been slow. my wifi is going through a breakdown (kinda like me) but my mum said it'll be fine within a few days, so i'm looking forward for constant updates from 16th onwards